Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

anti-bike policy at Waitrose, St. Kathrine's Docks

Is that actually a real thing or just an urban legend? It's the sort of thing you desperately hope is true and that someone will actually do it.
It's a real thing. :rolleyes:

It's a real thing. :rolleyes:

That is totally awesome if I was a Freeman of London, I would get some sheep purely to herd them back and forth across Tower Bridge

This sort of thing is happening all the time. Just the other day I was given a very dirty look from the security guard at Harrods just for driving my emotional support Bentley through the cocaine department.

It’s ok if you use a gold plated Bentley.

It happens once a year I think, ceremonial like

We’ve got an old Raleigh folding bike in the cupboard, folded up it’s actually less portable - thing weighs more than my mountain bike.

Only cost us fifty quid though, wife used it to learn to ride

My old brompton imitation cheap electric bike was like that. It folded in the middle but you wouldn't want to carry it, folded or not. It weighed a ton. Which tbh was handy for preventing thieves because without the removable battery it was practically unusable anyway, so good luck to anyone wanting to carry it off. The onyl good thing about it folding at all was being technically transportable on a train or in the boot of a car.

Couldn't you have out-peddled the security guard?
To be fair, I think the security guards are within their rights to object to other people peddling their wares in the shop.
happily drive a Trabant into Waitrose at St. Katherine's Docks
z8000 on a recent visit to the duty-free shop:

The whole freeman/City of London thing is a right load of old nonsense.
I'm gonna start using it, the next time a security guard is giving me hassle I'll just tell him that he doesn't have a claim against me under City of London law.

Surely we have a poster who has the freedom of a city who can report on this.

Karen's dad really was one, he had a certificate and everything. He was a commander in the navy (retired by the time I started boffing his daughter). Had he died she could have gone to City of London Freemans School free of charge. Dunno if he's dead yet, but she turned 50 last month so that offer's probably expired anyway.

I went to Twickenham a few months ago to meet up with a mate, and noticed a Brompton bike rental station. Like Boris bikes, but they were folded up and stored in a kind-of giant vending machine. Bizarre as fuck. I guess a reflection of the socioeconomic demographics over there…

I went to Twickenham a few months ago to meet up with a mate, and noticed a Brompton bike rental station. Like Boris bikes, but they were folded up and stored in a kind-of giant vending machine. Bizarre as fuck. I guess a reflection of the socioeconomic demographics over there…

Guildford train station has one of these things too, seems odd to rent a bike and then take it on a train when you could just get a Boris bike when you get to Waterloo…

The idea was started during Ken's reign. It's just that they came into being during Johnson's time.

Karen's dad really was one, he had a certificate and everything. He was a commander in the navy (retired by the time I started boffing his daughter). Had he died she could have gone to City of London Freemans School free of charge. Dunno if he's dead yet, but she turned 50 last month so that offer's probably expired anyway.
Is that an automatic thing for RN commanders or did he do something specific to earn it?
Mrs Q's Dad reached the rank of Chief Petty Officer (can't have told me more than a 1000 times) I'm sure if he was a Freeman of Anywhere he would have bored me witless telling me that as well

Back
Top Bottom