Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Angel pub on Coldharbour Lane becomes arty community space run by Brick Box

I think the next piece should be some kind of image that only lines up from the perspective of curtain-twitchers across the road from the building. What image should it be though?

i'm assuming its unfinished. brickbox posted a front-on view on fb just now. might well look very nice when it's done.

also...

MAGPIE, 354 Coldharbour Lane, 16-18th and 23-25th of August

781594.jpg
MAGPIE will land at The Brick Box this August.
It is a bird? No, it’s an eclectic nest of artistic, cinematic, photographic, musical and poetic treasures.

This mini-festival will include pop up poetry, intimate one-on-one recitals in our Eritrean hut, Invisible Theatre and Aerial Sparks’ unnervingly meta installation; a dollhouse made out of dolls. Don’t toy with me!

We’ve hoarded away a selection of performers and dream-weavers for your artistic amusement.
Our stash of shinies include:

- Musical trinkets from The London City Reggae Choir
- Artistic treasures provided by David Nevin
- A series of poetic trifles (soon to be announced)

Are you easily attracted by shiny objects? Fly by on any night to check out our collection of artistic curios. We’ll guarantee to ruffle your feathers, and at just £3/5 for entry, it’s frankly a steal!

I think the next piece should be some kind of image that only lines up from the perspective of curtain-twitchers across the road from the building.
Gotta love the way that you're relegating the local residents into 'curtain twitchers.'

Speaks volumes of the contempt you have for them.

Gotta love the way that you're relegating the local residents into 'curtain twitchers.'

Speaks volumes of the contempt you have for them.

But you follow them on twitter don't you? I've just looked at their feed, and took that photo from it. If you can see the same info, you'd have known that it wasn't just a squiggle.

Sorry, i was mistaken and thought you said you did, or they followed you, i've forgotten.

It only takes a click and then you could find out lots of things! (And yes, I know posters are better than twitter).

I sort of like some of the other work the painter had done in CP for example:

http://mrdane.tumblr.com/

They've now covered up the entire artwork and associated scrawls, with a blue sheet masking the entire frontage.
I presume this is because of the Olympic Torch.

Ten days on and still no sign of them putting up the poster I went to all the effort of designing for them.

Don't know why I bothered trying to help, really. :rolleyes:

All this aside. Have they done anything good yet? The sort of thing that locals or 'visiting chums' would even give a flying fuck about? I find the whole thing shit but what saddens me most is that I am getting bothered by a venue/night/group I would not go to if paid £40.

I don't know much about music and art but I do know what I hate.

Do you mean they are actively bothering you badgers or do you mean that you are bothered by the fact that you are bothering to be bothered in the first place?

The good news is that my poster has finally gone up - huzzah! - but sadly it's on the Valentia Place side so unlikely to be seen by many.

What they need now is a listing of events coming up - and my offer still stands for that too.

teuchter said:
Do you mean they are actively bothering you badgers or do you mean that you are bothered by the fact that you are bothering to be bothered in the first place?

Reread the post.
I get bothered.

Then again I get bothered by stupid things a lot.

The good news is that my poster has finally gone up - huzzah! - but sadly it's on the Valentia Place side so unlikely to be seen by many.

What they need now is a listing of events coming up - and my offer still stands for that too.

I just drove past briefly and it's a paper poster stuck on the outside, I wonder how long that will last in the rain ?

uHiwI.jpg

This arrogant disregard for the accuracy of what you accuse them of, but you'll do them another poster so it's all ok. How lovely.
The "accusations" are in your easily-confused, reality-twisting, all-misrepresentating head. Dealing with your poisonous, distorted bullshit isn't really worth the effort, so I'm off to enjoy the weekend. HAND.

Back
Top Bottom