Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Angel, Coldharbour Lane Brixton: Brick Box applies for 7 day, 8am-5am alcohol/music/dance licence

I've never noticed before but has the HP logo always been that clever or have they updated it?

It's saying the pub was previously a pub, as far as I can see. Pretty easy to understand, really.

I don't know, these newcomers who move in next to a pub then have the cheek to complain when it makes noise etc. etc.

tumblr_low7rldARv1qhr40c.jpg
hphot_sauce.jpg

Very reliable sources

I don't know, these newcomers who move in next to a pub then have the cheek to complain when it makes noise etc. etc.
I'm guessing that you're thinking you're smashing it with a devastating point there, but I've never complained about the noise coming from any of the bars and restaurants around here in nearly 20 years. And some of them they make a right racket very late in the night.

PS The Angel is no longer a pub, more's the pity.

Hopefully they'll put some decent drum n bass nights on
No chance. Not arty enough. I reckon they'll be more £40 dress-like-a-dandy supper clubs coming up though, and there's the "Sexy Art & Rude Food" night coming up on the 28th too. Phwwoooarrr!
Personally I find the thought of cupcake shops springing up in the area far more offensive.
Who eats them anyway? They're horrible sugar-laden things.

No chance. Not arty enough. I reckon they'll be more £40 dress-like-a-dandy supper clubs coming up though, and there's the "Sexy Art & Rude Food" night coming up on the 28th too. Phwwoooarrr!

To be fair, though, at least the "dress-like-an-Edwardian-pillock" supper club will provide any early morning muggers with highly visible targets.

Who eats them anyway? They're horrible sugar-laden things.

People who like horrible sugar-laden things?

Mrs M - you are obsessed with these loos!!! :D :D
I am. I reckon you can judge an establishment by the cleanliness of the loos. The loos in The Angel were the benchmark against which I judged every other establishment. No other loo has ever matched. Fresh flowers on the windowsill, proper clean towels etc.

I'm guessing that you're thinking you're smashing it with a devastating point there, but I've never complained about the noise coming from any of the bars and restaurants around here in nearly 20 years. And some of them they make a right racket very late in the night.

PS The Angel is no longer a pub, more's the pity.

It was a joke...

I am. I reckon you can judge an establishment by the cleanliness of the loos. The loos in The Angel were the benchmark against which I judged every other establishment. No other loo has ever matched. Fresh flowers on the windowsill, proper clean towels etc.

I remember going into a pub in Wroxham (in Norfolk) that had a loo like that, and feeling incredibly guilty about soiling their lovely bog with my effluvium. :oops:

Back on topic, here's Lexadon's page on the venue:
Lexadon are pleased to announce that we have agreed a contract for 6 month trial lease of the former Angel Pub located at 354 Coldharbour Lane over to The Brick Box.

With its positionality located so close to the buzzing town centre, The Brick Box looks set to become an exciting venue that will contribute to the cultural and creative melting pot that Brixton is fast becoming renowned and respected for.

Though slightly different from Lexadon usual lettings, we are proud to provide The Brick Box a platform to expand upon its mantra of art, love and magic in the heart of South London.

http://www.lexadon.co.uk/news/angel-pub
Here's their plans for the pub:
CHL%20354%20photo%201.jpg

Four mews houses, four high-specification apartments and one commercial space subject to planning permission.
With its original features and vibrant location Lexadon are excited and eager to start working on this development.
http://www.lexadon.co.uk/projects/354-coldharbour-lane

Rather strangely, they also have Brixton gig listings on their site: http://www.lexadon.co.uk/news/gigs
Not sure what the pic of The Jam tribute band is doing there, mind.

Oh, and they've also bought Clifton Mansions.
Clifton Mansions were originally built in 1896 as housing for workers at the nearby Brixton Theatre (now the Ritzy Cinema).
The residential property had been famously squatted in the early 1990's for 10 years and was home to Turner Prize-winning artist Jeremy Deller and folk-punk band The Pogues. All now vacant, substantial refurbishment is now underway to comprise 22 self-contained apartments and 4 commercial units. The apartments will keep most of the original features set around the ultra-modern high-specification kitchens and bathrooms.
http://www.lexadon.co.uk/projects/clifton-mansions

Can't even begin to explain how much object to this line: "With its positionality located so close to the buzzing town centre, The Brick Box looks set to become an exciting venue that will contribute to the cultural and creative melting pot that Brixton is fast becoming renowned and respected for."

Brixton was a 'cultural and creative melting pot' fucking years before Lexadon and Brick Box rocked into town.

Can't even begin to explain how much object to this line: "With its positionality located so close to the buzzing town centre, The Brick Box looks set to become an exciting venue that will contribute to the cultural and creative melting pot that Brixton is fast becoming renowned and respected for."

Brixton was a 'cultural and creative melting pot' fucking years before Lexadon and Brick Box rocked into town.

Was just about to quote the same para! :D

Back
Top Bottom