Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Americans rearrange medal table

Teepee

like livewire voodoo
I saw this on the sports news today, it seems that the americans can't bear to be behind the chinese at anything and so have altered their interpretation of the medal table from the traditional 'most golds wins' format, as used all over the world, to 'total medals win' format

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/medals

to me this just epitomises bad sportsmanship! :eek:

discuss

i can sort of see their point, but i don't recall them doing it at previous games when they won the most golds:D

but if you look at a country that has won 1 gold and no other medals - tunisia for example, have they had a more successful games than hungary who have bagged 4 silvers and a bronze?

There should be 5 points for gold, 2 for silver and 1 for bronze. The total thus achieved should then be divided by the population of each country, and divided again by the country's GDP. This will produce a rather tiny number, so multiply by an appropriate factor (say 100 million) and rank from highest to lowest.

Simple.:)

They have been doing it in that order for years

Well if it puts us from 3rd place to 4th place it's obviously wrong! :mad:

I see Usain Bolt decided against stopping half way round for a look at the view on the 200m. :)

I saw this on the sports news today, it seems that the americans can't bear to be behind the chinese at anything and so have altered their interpretation of the medal table from the traditional 'most golds wins' format, as used all over the world, to 'total medals win' format

yea i noticed that

I don't mind it...it's obvious and pathetic....like desperately trying to hold on to power as it sliiiiiips way. :)

I saw the comedian Richie Hall some years ago (when the US was holding the Olympics) and he said "America holding the Olympics is like someone inviting you around to your house so you can watch them wank". :)

I for one hail our new Chinese overlords.
200px-Kent_Brockman.jpg

So should you!

Back
Top Bottom