Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon Prime streaming video recommendations thread

:hmm: indeed...

BA2C9388-C60F-45AB-8BE4-2F16FABD6BA5.jpeg

I’ve learned to disregard negative reviews from just one of the three focus groups I check- professional critics (R. Tomatoes), audience reviews often subject to malicious downvoting or immature high praise (IMDB), more balanced audience reviews (Google users). But when there’s consensus among all three, it doesn’t bode well...

The lead actress Caroline Munro used to live not far from me when I lived in Kilburn. She may not have been the greatest actress but she touched all my cult movie bases, having worked in Hammer-, Ray Harryhausen-, James Bond- and Italian exploitation films like this one. The first time I saw her at my Off Licence I was utterly star struck.

Last edited:
The lead actress Caroline Munro used to live not far from me when I lived in Kilburn. She may not have been the greatest actress but she touched all my cult movie bases, having worked in Hammer-, Ray Harryhausen-, James Bond- and Italian exploitation films like this one. The first time I saw har at my Off Licence I was utterly star struck.
Wow, that must have been amazing. When was that?
I know (like you say) she is not the most amazing actress, but in star crash it works. The obvious actual 'actors' look perhaps even more hilariously out of place. Top film.

Wow, that must have been amazing. When was that?
I know (like you say) she is not the most amazing actress, but in star crash it works. The obvious actual 'actors' look perhaps even more hilariously out of place. Top film.
I moved there in 2006 and I first saw her not long after that. I just gawked at her in awe and she smiled at me. Which was nice as celebrities tend to look annoyed when you do that.

I remember seeing Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Adebisi in Oz, Mr Eko in Lost, villains in many a Hollywood thriller) in a supermarket in Soho - at the time I only knew him from playing Adebisi and had assumed he was American, so I was stunned and gawped at him making him uncomfortable. He tipped his chin at me, so I said 'alright fella, you're Adebisi!' 'Yep' he said in a London accent. 'Oh wow, thought you were American!' 'Nah mate, I'm from Islington' :D

Another reminder that Pendleton Wards Bravest Warriors is on Prime.
It says season 1 but it's actually season 4
1-3 can be watched on you tube

I think after watching the finale at stupid o clock this morning, it's better than season one
Aye, a very good finale. Only one ‘we’ll that’s clearly going to happen’ bit and one complete surprise. Good stuff.

Homelanders final scene was one they’d actually shot for series one, but had been instructed to cut, I believe.

If anyone is interested Unquiet Graves (RTE film about British collusion with Loyalist death squads ) is available from Prime but strangely enough I got the message:

This video is currently unavailable
to watch in your location

The community bay has two versions one higher quality than the other (they are both 1080 ).

he blatantly was. But why he had gone in the bedroom in the first place, plus all the other little touches still make him more than creepy enough.

The bit is here if anyone just wants to watch that -

I'm not defending shoving ya hand down your pants in front of a young woman in any context, but as a fat, not very mobile person I can tell you its much easier to tuck yourself in the way he did. Also, normal technique to go to another room after the interview to get out of the heat of the lights et cetera.

Cohen pulled exactly the same thing on Ron Paul, it just worked out much better/funnier this time.

I just watched an unexpectedly good film I’d never heard of on Prime, called Live, Die, Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow. I watched it with low expectations as a weekend dumb Tom Cruise action movie but it turned out to be a beautifully conceived, written and executed (not to mention acted) little gem. Looked it up afterwards and it has 91% on Rotten Tomatoes, so I wasn’t the only one who liked it. As I discovered, it had the scriptwriter of Usual Suspects and the director of Bourne Identity so maybe unsurprising that it turned out so well.

I won’t spoiler it because if you don’t know what its premise is, so much the better. Give it a go though if you in any way like a cleverer-than-average science fiction film.

Back
Top Bottom