Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon Prime streaming video recommendations thread

It was sad but also funny as.:D

As an aside thought, I was checking the various actors last night on IMDB and was interested to see that the woman who plays Becca Butcher was a regular character in The Flash series a few years ago.

Given that The Seven are a direct parody of the Justice League superheroes and an overall critique of the lucrative genre, and that it’s fair to assume DC Comics must be less than happy about the existence of this series, I wonder if she left The Flash in bad terms and jumped at the chance to be in this as a fuck you to DC Comics...

Watched the first three the other night. Straight back into the swing. What does appear to be annoying is that I can’t get subs for the non-English dialogue without getting subs for the English too, iyswim

Watched the first three the other night. Straight back into the swing. What does appear to be annoying is that I can’t get subs for the non-English dialogue without getting subs for the English too, iyswim
I know, it happens often enough in both Amazon and Netflix. Once the foreign dialogue started to go on for a while I rightly guessed the audience was meant to know what they were saying and turned the subtitles on.

I first discovered the issue when watching the film Snowpiercer on Netflix, after the Korean father and daughter had a very long talk at the climax of the story. Had to rewind and watched the other scenes again with the subs on.

Anyway, I was very pleased to see that S2 has kept up the quality and enjoyment of S1.

I’m currently on season two of Archer, which I’d never previously heard of but apparently won massive plaudits as well as a tonne of awards back in the early 2010s. It’s an animated spy agency spoof, with the main character (Sterling Archer) voiced by the same guy who does Bob in Bob’s Burgers.

Check out the Bob/Archer crossover episode.

Check out the Bob/Archer crossover episode.
I did a few days ago! First, I got to the amazing episode of Archer where they render the Bobs Burgers family as Archer characters. Then I saw the fan-made episode where the Archer characters are done in BB style. Both great, but it’s seeing Bob’s family as hyperreal grotesques that really got me.

Is Archer on Amazon now as well? Anyways, the first 5-6 seasons were fucking great for me, then it went gradually downhill- one of the latest seasons was positively dragging. However S10, based in space, was back to the series' best.

Many memorable episodes overall but the one when he's entrusted with safeguarding an underage Russian oligarch's daughter at a ski resort who keeps trying to shag him is absolutely vintage :D

I did a few days ago! First, I got to the amazing episode of Archer where they render the Bobs Burgers family as Archer characters. Then I saw the fan-made episode where the Archer characters are done in BB style. Both great, but it’s seeing Bob’s family as hyperreal grotesques that really got me.
I haven't seen the fan made thing.

I agree with that. The realisation of the Archer characters is still good though
Yes, very good indeed. Glad they gave him a job, it must have been quite tough work, and apart from a few dodgy arm movements and what not, it really looks the part.

Rich Hill, a documentary film about 3 young lads growing up in a deprived town in America. Pretty upsetting but done in a completely unmawkish and non-patronising way.

The Boys S2 - not finding it as thrilling as S1 and Urban’s Dick Van Dyke impression is really starting to grate, but at least they’re releasing it properly with weekly episodes, so it feels more like an event and gives you time to digest.

Last edited:
I think in some ways it’s even better than S2. Time will tell though — can only really judge it when it’s complete.

The Boys S2 - not finding it as thrilling as S1 and Urban’s Dick Van Dyke impression is really starting to grate, but at least they’re releasing it properly with weekly episodes, so it feels more like an event and gives you time to digest.
First couple of episodes I was certainly slightly underwhelmed but it has picked up from episode 3.

I had that same problem. There was just a box where the subtitles should be. I turned subtitles on and back off again, et voila, English subtitles appeared for the non-English bits.

To be fair I haven’t seen The Circle so very inappropriate for me to make that statement, but I seem to remember meh reviews and a not particularly exciting premise. Has nothing to do with the plot of the other film anyway.

Circle is by no means a work of art or without flaws, but is a superb late Saturday night cheap and cheerful sci-Fi thriller, and thought provoking to boot.

And far more so due to the fact that this is a very low budget film- it probably makes Cube look like Inception by comparison. Without spoiling it I can only say that its very premise provides a higher and more frequent amount of thrills. Every two minutes to be precise, as those who’ve seen it will remember :D

Highly recommended so long as one is happy to sit down to watch a cheap entertainment flick and doesn’t demand any more of it.

PS If you’re going to say this is the Circle film you saw and didn’t like it, I’m going to be upset ;)

To be fair I haven’t seen The Circle so very inappropriate for me to make that statement, but I seem to remember meh reviews and a not particularly exciting premise. Has nothing to do with the plot of the other film anyway.

Circle is by no means a work of art or without flaws, but is a superb late Saturday night cheap and cheerful sci-Fi thriller, and thought provoking to boot.

And far more so due to the fact that this is a very low budget film- it probably makes Cube look like Inception by comparison. Without spoiling it I can only say that its very premise provides a higher and more frequent amount of thrills. Every two minutes to be precise, as those who’ve seen it will remember :D

Highly recommended so long as one is happy to sit down to watch a cheap entertainment flick and doesn’t demand any more of it.

PS If you’re going to say this is the Circle film you saw and didn’t like it, I’m going to be upset ;)
Circle is the one I saw.
I agree with all of your comments. Watched over a couple of drinks with my brother and worked well in that scenario. How will it end???? Certainly did they best they could withe the premise and the micro budget. Something different and quite enjoyable, but not something I would ever watch again. If it had been something you accidentally caught late at night on channel 4 as a teen, it would be the kind of thing that sticks with you forever.

Sounds like I am giving it perhaps more praise than it deserves.

I had that same problem. There was just a box where the subtitles should be. I turned subtitles on and back off again, et voila, English subtitles appeared for the non-English bits.
I don’t know what I did last night, but ep5 was appropriately subbed without be doing anything - that I remember.

Back
Top Bottom