Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alice Cooper - What a strange man

Strange in what way then Humberto, in his public persona ? Really, that strange ? There are many performers that adopt a persona in order to attract attention or cause controversy, why this one ? Why not Ozzy Osbourne for instance, or Kiss?

Clearly his best song.

I suspect he might be a bit of a dick, he got way too into golfing and hanging out with Republicans.

Not a massive fan, always thought Welcome to my Nightmare was his best album, he seems like a really lovely bloke irl though :)

I'm hard pushed to name my favourite Alice songs because there are so many.
But at a push I'd say

And just because I saw this tour and he always takes great musicians out on the road with him.....

My Favourite album is From The Inside...I played it to death! :D

Like Judas Priest later, Alice Cooper have (not has, because originally Alice Cooper was the name for the band, whose singer was Vince Furnier) a debut album which was not successful or critically acclaimed, and isn't generally well-regarded. I really like it.

I think it's his/their (so confusing) best and most interesting album by far. . . . but I still prefer the re-recorded version of Reflected as 'Elected' (Alice Cooper
'the man's' best song)

Clearly his best song.

I suspect he might be a bit of a dick, he got way too into golfing and hanging out with Republicans.

Oh... I know back in the days of Wayne's World being fresh he was considered to be a pretty Great Guy. But then a lot of formerly respectable people have gone a bit right wing in their old age. Is that really the case for Alice? I'll be horribly disappointed. :(

Oh... I know back in the days of Wayne's World being fresh he was considered to be a pretty Great Guy. But then a lot of formerly respectable people have gone a bit right wing in their old age. Is that really the case for Alice? I'll be horribly disappointed. :(

I think he's born again isn't he?
Good record of supporting people with addiction issues via charity work though.

Reactions: Chz
He's been right wing for decades, if not all his life. He, quite sensibly, just avoids talking about it mostly.

The 56-year-old Cooper says he was disgusted to learn the likes of Bruce Springsteen, John Mellencamp, R.E.M., Sheryl Crow, James Taylor and Dave Matthews were hitting the road for a series of concerts designed to help defeat President Bush.

He's been right wing for decades, if not all his life. He, quite sensibly, just avoids talking about it mostly.

The 56-year-old Cooper says he was disgusted to learn the likes of Bruce Springsteen, John Mellencamp, R.E.M., Sheryl Crow, James Taylor and Dave Matthews were hitting the road for a series of concerts designed to help defeat President Bush.

Oh that's right, that does ring a bell

As a teen I owned a t-shirt that read "ALICE - TRASH". Unfortunately with a flannel shirt over it, it tended to instead read "LICE RASH". :(
I'm confused as to how it covered the middle, not the end, and so didn't read
LICE TRAS

I had a homemade Alice Cooper patch on my loons, which my mother would not let me wear outside the house, so I had to smuggle them out and change in the bus shelter.

I loved Alice.

I remember when Schools Out was first released - the song and the video were considered quite shocking (this was the early 70s!). I was about 11 and in my first year of secondary school. I saw Alice being interviewed on telly and he was so polite and well-mannered, which was very disappointing to my young rebellious self.
There were rumours he got banned from the UK around this time, what with live snakes and guillotining dolls 😂

He put on a great gig when I saw him a year or so back, playing with his old band in the first half and a "new" band in the second, inc. Nita Strauss.
The golf playing son of a preacher man; I suspect his politics stink unfortunately.
There is the super duper thread about his visual biography and there's this

Not really - He's been right wing/republican for literally decades and quite open about it.

That said, whatever his politics, he does seem to be a genuine, pleasant and civilised person who respects humanity as a whole. The sort of old-style republican that is sorely missed by todays shitshow.

Reactions: Chz
Back
Top Bottom