Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Airfryer - which one is best?

That's what I went for, although for reasons unknown to me, Amazon applied a 15% discount to the order, so it only cost me £46.75. 🤷‍♂️

The product dimensions were listed as 11.4D x 14.4W x 12.8H centimetres, which I thought was bloody small, and it's just turned-up, the dimensions should be listed in inches, and it came in a box that's 18 x 18 x 24 inches, which totally confused me considering the dimensions listed and I am suffering from the mother of all hang-overs.

View attachment 342668
Exact same one! It goes on about snitzel in the instructions ✌🏼

My chip recipe.

Soak chipped potatoes in water 2-5mins to destarchify (perfectly cromulent word).
Dry off
Place in a bowl
Drizzle some olive oil
Swirl the chipped pots around to coat them in the oil
Add paprika.
Swirl
Add a bit more
Swirl
Tip em out into airfryer basket.
20-25 mins at 200 (depends how full you loaded the basket)

They've been well received by everyone so far.

From raw?
Nope, its a faf, cut chips, boil chips (5min) drain and tip a bit of oil on them in the hot boiling pan, I add a bit of cajun spice too. Put in air fryer and cook for about 20 mins on about threequater power. Shake regularly during the cooking.

By that time it would have been possible to walk to the chippy and back for a whole bag of chips with no washing up.

For mixed roast veg as a side dish it is good though, and the portion size is good for one.

Nope, its a faf, cut chips, boil chips (5min) drain and tip a bit of oil on them in the hot boiling pan, I add a bit of cajun spice too. Put in air fryer and cook for about 20 mins on about threequater power. Shake regularly during the cooking.

By that time it would have been possible to walk to the chippy and back for a whole bag of chips with no washing up.

For mixed roast veg as a side dish it is good though, and the portion size is good for one.
Do they come out nice though? I mean, like chippy-chips?

Do they come out nice though? I mean, like chippy-chips?
Well... not quite the deep fried in beef dripping type of chippy chip, but that's a hard act to copy. They are ok, with the right spuds they are fine. Im at a level of chubby that less chips is best, so they suit me

So, one day after mine was delivered, I tested it yesterday, putting to shame farmerbarleymow who has had his for almost 10 months and still not used it.

Had a couple of fresh rolls to use, so throw in two frozen quarter pound beef burgers, turning over once during the cooking period of 15 minutes without pre-heating the fryer, and they came out perfect, better than doing them in the oven.

Using the oven they usually take around 25 minutes plus another 10 minutes to pre-heat the oven, and uses almost 1kw of eclectic, whereas this method used around just 0.25kw.

It says in the instructions that if you have a separator to separate items, can you prepare different ingredients at the same time.

Is there any reason why you can't do two things together in the basket without a separator, e.g. sausages and chips?

So, a few days in with our ninja dual zone beast and I’m pleased. It’s fucking huge and takes up a lot of counter space in our tiny kitchen but we’ll get used to it.

We’ve had mixed results but I think the fuck ups have been human error and poor timings.

Chicken Kiev and homemade chips.

The kievs were gorgeous but overcooked and the chips needed longer to brown but really nice.

Chicken casserole was really lovely, I did the chicken in one drawer and the veg and sauce in the other and then added the chicken in when it was pretty much cooked. Only fuck up was I stupidly put the carrots in at the same time as the mushrooms, onion etc so of course they were raw. 😄

We’ve also done steak (lovely) and frozen chips (absolutely amazing). The max crisp setting for the chips was brilliant, so much better than I’ve ever had from oven chips.

Today we’ve has sausage baps and did the part baked rolls too. 6 mins for the rolls which is slightly less than the oven but miles cheaper I reckon.

We have had more meat and processed food this week than we usually would but we wanted to try different things.

Looking forward to trying roasted veg and stuffed peppers and healthier meals too.

We’ve bought some bananas to try dehydrating. We might try some dog treats too.

We’ve bought some bananas to try dehydrating. We might try some dog treats too.
Watched some youtube vids that suggested the dehydrate function on them, while it does work, isn't as good as a proper dehydrator thing. Guess it must take quite a long time too, even if it's consuming relatively little power - might be cheaper overall to buy pre-made dried stuff. :(

I don't know - I always liked dog biscuits and doggy chocolates when I was growing up.

Dog biscuits, you weirdo?

Although I admit as a kid, the doggy chocs seemed OKish.

The dogs were fed better than us kids tbf. :D

I'll never forget the time my mother was taking the dogs out for a walk, 'come on boys', before turning to me and saying, 'see you soon, pet.' :hmm:

Dog biscuits, you weirdo?

Although I admit as a kid, the doggy chocs seemed OKish.
They're very crunchy and good for your teeth. Probably a lot healthier than human biscuits too.

Doggy chocs tasted a bit weird but inoffensive if I remember rightly - used to buy them from the pet shop in town who had those large bins full of various stuff that you shoveled into bags. Used to eat some on the walk home (sorry dogs).

I was always convinced my parents spent more money on food for the dogs than they did us.

Which has an air fryer review this issue apparently. I used to be a member but they wanted a separate subscription to access their web reviews so I didn't bother, so don't know what they rated.

Im not that surprised a millionaire food snob who gets attention by criticising things has turned his nose up at these machines. The one he panned was probably cheaper than one of the many slap up meals the Guardian paid him to eat which he has then been paid to write about how much he didnt enjoy it, much to the glee of his hareem of bootlickers that comment under the articles.

Has anyone tried jacket potatoes done in the airfryer? :hmm:
Yes! Really nice and crispy. I’ll do them in the microwave, then cover in oil/salt. Much quicker than the oven.

If it’s possible to crave a food smell more than the actual food itself, I’m really craving the smell of properly cooked jacket potatoes at the moment. Like baked potatoes emerging from November bonfires, or the smell of The Hot Potato café in Plymouth Pannier Market circa 1989. Burnt potatoes in foil. Spud U Likes of old.

Im not that surprised a millionaire food snob who gets attention by criticising things has turned his nose up at these machines. The one he panned was probably cheaper than one of the many slap up meals the Guardian paid him to eat which he has then been paid to write about how much he didnt enjoy it, much to the glee of his hareem of bootlickers that comment under the articles.
He did point out a few flaws in the design though which have been mentioned by a number of users in reviews on both cheap and hi-end models.

If they can't handle wet batter they've no right using the name fryer IMHO.

It's just not cricket.

Or a chip pan.

The air fryer was really handy today for a massive breakfast. Usually I’d struggle for oven room but I did hash browns and sausages in the ninja then the rest in the oven or on the hob. The hash browns were lovely although will never be as good as dirty McDonald’s ones.

He did point out a few flaws in the design though which have been mentioned by a number of users in reviews on both cheap and hi-end models.

If they can't handle wet batter they've no right using the name fryer IMHO.

It's just not cricket.

Or a chip pan.
It can't handle wet batter because it falls through the holes in the basket? If so you can get containers to go into the basket that haven't got holes in. I got one and can do omelettes in it - first time I've had omelettes with grilled type cheese on top for a while.

Back
Top Bottom