Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Airfryer - which one is best?

We’ve got an ActiFry too. We splashed out on the one that has a cooking tray too so we can cook other stuff in it too like chicken or burgers etc

We don’t use it loads but the chips are really good and roast potatoes aren’t bad if you’re trying to cut down on fat.
I’m going to try and sell this as we’ve gone for a ninja now.
The ActiFry takes about 40-45 mins to cook chips and is hard to clean. I’m sure it’ll be a bargain for someone though.

I bought a small single drawer ninja then changed my mind as I wanted the dual drawer one but they were out of stock everywhere.
I’ve been obsessively checking Currys, AO etc for days and managed to nab one this morning.

I’m very excited.

I've finally decided to take the plunge and get a small cheap air flyer to start off with, just a single draw one, says it can cook for 1-4 people, but the dimensions are so small I find that hard to believe, besides I don't mind using the oven if I've got people around for a meal, but when it's only me it seems such a waste to use the oven, especially with the electricity price being what it is now.

My impression of air fryers is that they basically give the same result as a fan oven except there's a lot more faffing around and cleaning involved, plus you have to spray oil on everything. I'd file them away with sandwich toasters as things that seem like a great idea but actually won't get used.

I love my sandwich toaster, it gets used 2 or 3 times a week.

I bought a small single drawer ninja then changed my mind as I wanted the dual drawer one but they were out of stock everywhere.
I’ve been obsessively checking Currys, AO etc for days and managed to nab one this morning.

I’m very excited.
Everywhere has been out of stock, but Mrs B managed to get the dual drawer ninja from Curry’s this morning. Delivery tomorrow! Excited too!

As for the oil thing, quote from Choice.com;

“Air fryers promise tasty 'fried' foods without the oil – especially for precooked items. Any packaged frozen foods such as chips, chicken or fish don't require oil as it's already in the coatings. For fresh ingredients though, like homemade chips or meat, a little oil can encourage browning.
Use an oil spray so you get a light amount – the purpose is to reduce the amount of oil you'd use when frying.”

Everywhere has been out of stock, but Mrs B managed to get the dual drawer ninja from Curry’s this morning. Delivery tomorrow! Excited too!

As for the oil thing, quote from Choice.com;

“Air fryers promise tasty 'fried' foods without the oil – especially for precooked items. Any packaged frozen foods such as chips, chicken or fish don't require oil as it's already in the coatings. For fresh ingredients though, like homemade chips or meat, a little oil can encourage browning.
Use an oil spray so you get a light amount – the purpose is to reduce the amount of oil you'd use when frying.”
Snap! Good old curry’s although was hoping for interest free credit from AO.

im absolutely definitely getting on this air fryer flex, i use the oven and grill for most of my cooking so i feel like ill benefit hugely from owning one.

I really want to get this purchase correct, and as much as spending £200 on a 'Ninja' model is tempting, it goes against most of my morals and beliefs for spending that much on a device that seems to basically be a smaller version of an oven (which i have already).

So, i think im going to go mid range, about £80-£100 worth of air fryer maybe. Any recommendations?

im absolutely definitely getting on this air fryer flex, i use the oven and grill for most of my cooking so i feel like ill benefit hugely from owning one.

I really want to get this purchase correct, and as much as spending £200 on a 'Ninja' model is tempting, it goes against most of my morals and beliefs for spending that much on a device that seems to basically be a smaller version of an oven (which i have already).

So, i think im going to go mid range, about £80-£100 worth of air fryer maybe. Any recommendations?

Does the job for me.

The kitchen and scullery in my hovel are not well equipped with storage or worktop. Whilst the airfryer is great for a meal for one it does take up a bit too much room and makes a poor serving for even the most frugal eaters when expected to cater for couples

We just got a single basket Tower one off Amazon for £55. First try was reheating some roast veg but tonight might be the full rustic fries & qorn nuggests experience 😎

That's what I went for, although for reasons unknown to me, Amazon applied a 15% discount to the order, so it only cost me £46.75. 🤷‍♂️

The product dimensions were listed as 11.4D x 14.4W x 12.8H centimetres, which I thought was bloody small, and it's just turned-up, the dimensions should be listed in inches, and it came in a box that's 18 x 18 x 24 inches, which totally confused me considering the dimensions listed and I am suffering from the mother of all hang-overs.

Air Fryer.jpg

That's what I went for, although for reasons unknown to me, Amazon applied a 15% discount to the order, so it only cost me £46.75. 🤷‍♂️

The product dimensions were listed as 11.4D x 14.4W x 12.8H centimetres, which I thought was bloody small, and it's just turned-up, the dimensions should be listed in inches, and it came in a box that's 18 x 18 x 24 inches, which totally confused me considering the dimensions listed and I am suffering from the mother of all hang-overs.

View attachment 342668
Thats the one I have too
Can make a decent chip

Back
Top Bottom