Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Actions against the policing bill

As anyone who noted the innumerable different vehicle decals in Bristol might consider, separately organised gatherings across the country taking place at roughly the same time, but announced at different times - some really up to the wire - will play havoc with the centralising tendencies within British public order policing, and further complicate mutual aid arrangements.

Which is, I'm sure we can all agree, A Good Thing 👏

As anyone who noted the innumerable different vehicle decals in Bristol might consider, separately organised gatherings across the country taking place at roughly the same time, but announced at different times - some really up to the wire - will play havoc with the centralising tendencies within British public order policing, and further complicate mutual aid arrangements.
I know it's come into more common use over the past 12 months or so, but I always found it intriguing how up till then, "mutual aid" seemed to be a phrase only used by anarchists and coppers.

Also, Sisters Uncut are running workshops on understanding the bill, how we can oppose it and knowing your rights.

Yeah, that map thing has a few extra that haven't come up in this thread/the ACG article yet, including Kendal, Nottingham, and an extra two London ones. They're up to 37 now, and guessing that number'll be higher soon.

Wasn't there due to be one near to Finsbury Park on Friday, I need to drive around that area on Friday so will try and avoid that precise location.

Back
Top Bottom