Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Actions against the policing bill

What do you expect from a cuntstabulary bearing the name of a nonexistent county?
Yeah, given that Avon has now been defunct for longer than it existed (and some of us maintain that it never did exist), I think it's now time for the force to be disbanded out of respect for the sensibilities of the City & County of Bristol and those parts of Gloucestershire which have been shoehorned into this unhappy arrangement

Marvin Rees is full of shit isn't he?
He is. Condescending with it. I wonder what kind of impact this will be having on his prospects in May given that I'm not sure he'll have gained support from anyone who wasn't going to vote for him anyway but he'll certainly have lost it from people who were probably going to hold their noses and vote to reelect him

His statement about outside elements visiting the city would appear to be true this evening however as going by Twitter a number of journalists have arrived from That London to report back on us in their best safari suits and pith helmets. Evening people, only took the fourth big protest in 10 days to get you here

Sitting down outside Bridewell now

Tonight would appear to have been lower key (so far) with low profile policing and no riot plod on view (they're holed up in the multi storey next door I understand). Weirdly this has seen a much more chilled out atmosphere. Much to ponder on here for Britain's Top Coppers and their easily outraged fanclubs.

Noticeable uptick in anti-cop graff around the city lately

f5d81e805d4f97688f0d514c7be85c5b

Watch out! Watch out!
There are PLOs about!

Not specifically about riots, but I remember learning quite a few years ago that, when you see the news stories about people disappearing or being found murdered, those liaison officers, always described as "supporting the family", are actually there primarily to pick up evidence that it was someone in the family wot done it.

Not specifically about riots, but I remember learning quite a few years ago that, when you see the news stories about people disappearing or being found murdered, those liaison officers, always described as "supporting the family", are actually there primarily to pick up evidence that it was someone in the family wot done it.
Those are Family Liaison Officers, which are a different kettle of fish

Does anyone know if this was filmed? It'd be quite useful to have some context, to head off the excuses that you can't tell what was happening because it's only a still...

Yes. Perhaps not the entire context as the police are already there when the film starts. Apparently she had been sat down on the tram line. Here are:

And this is a high-flyer who was 'seconded to FCO' (🙄) rather than risk losing such a brainbox to the fallout from the De Menezes killing, so smart she is

Back
Top Bottom