Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Actions against the policing bill

My point is that English and Scottish approach to crime and punishment. Most of the rightward moves in England are absent here. The question is "Why are they. Necessary in Carlisle but not in Glasgow." Our policies are not driven by Mail, Express, or Tory dog whistle politics!

Ad hominem abuse is not a particularly constructive method of debate.
Nah, I think the question here is what sort of a cunt thinks that the misfortune of others living in another country is funny.

Nah, I think the question here is what sort of a cunt thinks that the misfortune of others living in another country is funny.
Myanmar is socially very different. Scotland and England are very similar. Why is one descending into oppression and revenge and the other moving in the opposite direction. The comparison between the two justice and penal system is fascinating.

I can't find it reported anywhere online but yesterday I saw some teenage girls holding their own impromptu protest in a residential part of Gateshead, writing feminist slogans on the pavement with chalk.

What struck me is that they didn't look like the sort who would normally be into poltical activism, they just looked like typical Gateshead lasses really. Also it was the first time I've ever seen political protest in residential Gateshead and I grew up here.

I think it says something about how a year of lockdown has been very politicising for a lot of people, and also about how the Reclaim the Streets stuff has been successful in speaking to millions of young women.

Made me think that when lockdown ends properly, these policing bill protests could really mushroom into something huge, perhaps even a mass movement of unprecedented scale for the UK. The opposition to the policing bill overlaps with feminist movements, BLM movement, and everyone who hates the Tories being corrupt as fuck and trying to turn the UK into a one party state, which is fairly unanimous among the youth - support for the Tories is a minority position in general, but a very small minority amongst the under 40s, and their arrogance, corruption, and lack of accountability may have finally gone too far.

I hope so anyway.

Another "bad apple". Ex-Met, I note...

Using ignore is the pathway to discussing only with people capable of debate who eschew abuse and ad hominem.
I think you may have come to the wrong place. Few people here who are capable of that eschew abuse and ad hominem in the case of people they think are being dicks and why should they? Why have a meaningful debate with someone you think is pissing themselves at your misfortune?

Back
Top Bottom