Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Actions against the policing bill

That night it kicked off in Bristol for the first time, someone here put a really good post about what people shouldn’t share on social
media that could identify activists.

Any chance someone can wade through and re-post? Ta.

That night it kicked off in Bristol for the first time, someone here put a really good post about what people shouldn’t share on social
media that could identify activists.

Any chance someone can wade through and re-post? Ta.
Why don't you go back to that date yourself and look?

A reminder

• Wear a mask
  • Don't wear easily identifiable clothes or footwear
  • Wear a mask
  • Don't wield easily identifiable personal possessions like skateboards
  • Wear a mask
  • Wear gloves
  • WEAR A FUCKING MASK
  • Don't film 'stuff'
  • Definitely DON'T LIVESTREAM
  • Best off leaving your phone somewhere else
  • And definitely wear a mask
Was it this?

Brace yourselves, this is GRIM READING, re dawn raids in Bristol by ASC:

...she was mistakenly arrested after a male officer dressed as a postal worker tricked his way into her shared student house in north Bristol five days later. She says the disguised officer and at least three other male plain-clothed officers followed her flatmate up the stairs before revealing they were police with a warrant. They then burst into McGoran’s bedroom and handcuffed her while she was only partially dressed.

“It was frightening having all these policemen in my room after what happened to Sarah Everard and seeing footage of the vigil in Clapham,” she said. “I was only wearing a T-shirt, underwear and a short dressing gown. I felt really vulnerable. I started having a panic attack. I was so scared. I was shrieking and asking to call my mum but they said ‘no’ and told my flatmate to go to her room.”

The officers, she claimed, kept her in handcuffs even after they realised she didn’t match the picture of the person they were looking for. They watched, she added, as she struggled to put some joggers on: “I couldn’t put them on because of the cuffs. I was crying. It was really humiliating.”
McGoran said they eventually uncuffed her but didn’t apologise for the 20-minute ordeal. “They were making jokes when they had caused me to have a panic attack,” she said.

The same day the police are said to have used similar tactics to raid another all-female shared student house in the city. The family of Grace Hart, who is 16, claimed she answered the door twice to a male officer pretending to be postal worker with a package for her flatmate. Her father, Paul Hart, said she became suspicious so she started to close the door. The officer, he claimed, then barged in along with a group of at least three other plain-clothed male officers shouting “police” and pointing Tasers at her.

“They pushed her up against the wall. They had Tasers out. She had red dots on her body,” he said. “Three of those could have killed her because of the voltage. It’s an excessive use of force. It’s absolutely horrendous.”

The officers, claimed Hart, searched the entire house, including his daughter’s room, even though the person they were looking for wasn’t there and Grace didn’t attend any of the protests. Grace said she felt “violated” by the raid and added “I’m now really nervous to open the door when I don’t know who is behind it.”

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom