Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

ACDC good or crap?

Has anyone seen if any companies are running coaches from places in the North of England to Wembley? I had someone asking elsewhere.

National Express have an exclusive contract for coaches to Wembley itself but although they are putting-on services to other concerts, AC-DC don't seem to be getting any. :(

Luxury! I remember the days when getting tickets meant standing in actual queues.

I remember just walking-up to the ticket office and buying them - No queue at all..! :D

I have 2 tickets reserved hopefully. up in the Club Wembley bit. (Seated as I am probably bringing my 11 yo daughter).

What did everyone else get?

I remember just walking-up to the ticket office and buying them - No queue at all..! :D
I loved buying actual tickets from the venue.
Even if you bought them from the record shop or by post, the booking fee seemed legitimate for what was involved.

Plus you could keep the stubs and plop them in the cover of the latest record, so at a later date it could fall out and sprinkle memories.

I loved buying actual tickets from the venue.
Even if you bought them from the record shop or by post, the booking fee seemed legitimate for what was involved.

Plus you could keep the stubs and plop them in the cover of the latest record, so at a later date it could fall out and sprinkle memories.

Another time - buying tickets for Genesis from the Playhouse box office in Edinburgh. We walked-in to the lobby to find that the old ticket booths were gone. Two guys were standing there talking and we asked where to go. One, a tall man with big glasses, who looked very annoyingly familiar gave us a big smile and gestured/politely directed us towards the new box office off to one side.

It was only on the way out when I looked-up at the board over the doors and saw who was playing that night that it clicked - The Shadows. We'd just asked the way from Hank Marvin..! :D

Yes, thanks to longstanding connections, some Scottish record shop owners had a knack of being able to get tickets for shows that you had no hope of getting from the main outlets. I certainly didn't mind the small extra fee there.

I still have my clip full of old ticket stubs in the back of a drawer.! :)

Fair enough, I find that one quite dull but each to their own.

Apart from the title track and A Touch Too Much, without listening to the album I'm struggling just now to recall how any of the songs go :D
There's also "Shot Down in Flames" and "If You Want Blood" on side 2 so another couple of tunes in its favour :)

Apart from the title track and A Touch Too Much, without listening to the album I'm struggling just now to recall how any of the songs go :D

Also - all AC/DC songs are pretty much the same and they're usually all in the key of A. To make a long lasting career out of so little is pretty impressive (more so than the Quo anyway)

Luxury! I remember the days when getting tickets meant standing in actual queues.

Better when you could wait outside Wembley until the support act started and all the touts started to panic and would flog off their remaining tickets for less than face value. Saw Madonna twice, Jackson and the Stones that way, paid about fifteen quid a piece. And you could smoke in the stadium, as well as park down the nearby streets.

Better when you could wait outside Wembley until the support act started and all the touts started to panic and would flog off their remaining tickets for less than face value. Saw Madonna twice, Jackson and the Stones that way, paid about fifteen quid a piece. And you could smoke in the stadium, as well as park down the nearby streets.

That’s a good story, Grandpa 😀

Touch too Much is the best track on that album, imho - better than HtH itself.

Fave track is difficult....rock n roll ain't noise pollution possibly.
I do know my introduction was thunderstruck when it was someone's ring tone.
OOoo they're both very commercial choices :p

My fav ones change by my mood but the set in stone ones are....
Problem Child
Touch Too Much
Ride On
The Jack (original poker version)
Live Wire
Night Prowler

Back
Top Bottom