Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

ACDC good or crap?

I'd say yes but only if you accept it will be an enormodome stadium experience. Seen them a few times (once with Axl Rose) and they were excellent.

I'll try and go as there's probably not that many tours left in them. Brian still gives it some beans for an old dude. As does Angus.

I read that as ADAC, and was about to say that in my experience they are better than the AA.

I saw them just before they ditched Brian for Axl, and they were better than they'd been for years. I've seen every tour since about 1988 I think. The Black Ice Tour was pretty shit, and they sounded a bit knackered. After Brian was 'sacked; I really didn't think they'd ever be back; they're a juggernaut, and Angus won't ever stop until he has to.

They're one of the few bands left with songs that will work in massive venues and while they are still alive they'll continue to deliver big dumb rock music in big dumb spaces full of big dumb people.

I was wearing an AC/DC top yesterday and some bloke was telling me his teenage daughter loves them and he was hoping they'd tour again so he could take her. That warms my cockles.

Big and dumb!!! Nothing fancy.

Last edited:
I saw them just before they ditched Brian for Axl, and they were better than they'd been for years. I've seen every tour since about 1988 I think. The Black Ice Tour was pretty shit, and they sounded a bit knackered. After Brian was 'sacked; I really didn't think they'd ever be back; they're a juggernaut, and Angus won't ever stop until he has to.

They're one of the few bands left with songs that will work in massive venues and while they are still alive they'll continue to deliver big dumb rock music in big dumb spaces full of big dumb people.

I was wearing an AC/DC top yesterday and some bloke was telling me he's teenage daughter loves them and he was hoping they'd tour again so he could take her. That warms my cockles.

Big and dumb!!! Nothing fancy.

Preach.

My 10 yo likes Back in Black amongst all her teen pop and rappers.

I like big and dumb. :D

If I had a gun to my head I would probably go for AC/DC as my fave band of all time.

I have been pondering this; do I or don't I?
Ive never been their biggest fan nor have I ever seen them. I am not sure outdoors at Wembley will show them at their best.

It may well be the last chance you get. They’re not getting any younger.

I was lucky enough to see them at Hammersmith Apollo and have also seen them at Wembley. They put on a helluva show and definitely loudest stadium band I have seen.

It may well be the last chance you get. They’re not getting any younger.

I was lucky enough to see them at Hammersmith Apollo and have also seen them at Wembley. They put on a helluva show and definitely loudest stadium band I have seen.
I have seen older people only recently and I am booked to see more older people soon.
Loudest stadium band.....Deep Purple, Who, Zeppelin could all qualify but sadly I am so not keen on stadium gigs as the music quality is never that good
and often don't get to see much. Ill see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow.

I have been pondering this; do I or don't I?
Ive never been their biggest fan nor have I ever seen them. I am not sure outdoors at Wembley will show them at their best.
Do what you feel....Having lost count of the times I've seen them, I truly think I've seen them at their best.
Maybe not ideal for your first introduction if I'm being honest....I'll still go on living my youth through them :D

Fave track is difficult....rock n roll ain't noise pollution possibly.
I do know my introduction was thunderstruck when it was someone's ring tone.

Back in Black is their third-best album, though you're probably right that the title track is probably the best song on it.

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and Let There Be Rock are both better records IMO
But “Highway to Hell” beats them all IMHO

I was shocked at how simple that was this morning. The first time I saw AC/DC I had to ring Keith Prowse up and use my Mum's bank details.

Back
Top Bottom