Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Accused rapist Ched Evans to be released from prison

Anyone could go to the police before or after the first (and, indeed, second) trial, and claim to have been raped. There was nothing in the original trial that amounted to precedent; it was an application of long established principles around the effect of voluntary intoxication on the capacity for consent.

Ok, lets put the EJCEA down to your eyesight. But the Sexual Amendment Act? You really don't know what you're talking about.

The Sexual Ammendment Act 2003 section 1 defines consent and reasonable belief in consent and iirc. Its you who hasnt got a clue.

Sorry as i just explained im partially sighted and struggle with the keyboard.
I'm sorry, maybe we're both a bit clumsy. Still, you worded yourself badly, as if this was about hoardes of future drunk women falsely claiming rape, which it really is not.

Generally not the most controversial one on the forum, no.

I joined specifically after finding this discussion when looking for a forum to read about this case. I spent a few days reading then plucked up the courage to join. I dont quite understand what the issue is with me joining in with a discussion in a current affairs topic as a new member..I have no master plan other than to discuss a very important topic

The fact is a witness came forward and his explanation was his belief that her behaviour was out of character. This is not me supporting anything but its more plausable than some far fetched conspiracy to pervert the course of justice..FACT!!!

did you know if you get overexcited on a boat once out of harbour or port... its legal to shot you in the face!!!

to ensure the safety of the crew

FACT!!!

Oh, ok, the Sexual Offences Act 2003, is it?

Well, s.1 of that act doesn't define consent or reasonable belief, either.

So, your argument was based upon an act of which you knew neither the name nor the content.

Tell me again how I don't have a clue. Clown.

I joined specifically after finding this discussion when looking for a forum to read about this case. I spent a few days reading then plucked up the courage to join. I dont quite understand what the issue is with me joining in with a discussion in a current affairs topic as a new member..I have no master plan other than to discuss a very important topic
That's how I found this website too, in my case it was a very local issue I just googled the keywords. You've done nothing wrong in suddenly appearing Pac man , it's just a funny little place you've found yourself in, very territorial, there are border patrols in special uniforms and everything.

Did you read at least the last few pages prior to posting, or the frequently asked questions section?

You may not be intending to, but you're posting some things that can be offensive such as 'anybody could go to the police and claim they were raped, if they didn't remember consenting to sex the night before'. Also, if you claim something as a FACT make sure you back it up with a credible source or reference.

Soory again its me lol I always have reffered to it as the Sexual Amendment Act. it is indeed the Sexual Offences Act, it made changes hence why i have reffered to it before as the Sexual Amendments Act.
Um, what? All new pieces of legislation generally make changes, else there'd be no point to them.

This is idea that the victims evidence was moulded and shaped is pure speculation.

It had to be entirely shaped by them. She was a blank canvass remember? Other than to trigger events by lodging a report of lost or stolen bag on the night in question, that was the sum total of her contribution to their case up to that point. Nonetheless on the basis that she remembered nothing the footballers were arrested on suspicion of? Handbag theft? Nope. Rape. And so the the dye was cast. So it looks like the police have arrived at conclusions ahead of the investigation. So her choices at this stage were to a) walk away entirely or b) cooperate with what is now inevitably their narrative. Much to her regret I'd imagine, she decided to go along with the police proposals.

It had to be entirely shaped by them. She was a blank canvass remember? Other than to trigger events by lodging a report of lost or stolen bag on the night in question, that was the sum total of her contribution to their case up to that point. Nonetheless on the basis that she remembered nothing the footballers were arrested on suspicion of? Handbag theft? Nope. Rape. And so the the dye was cast. So it looks like the police have arrived at conclusions ahead of the investigation. So her choices at this stage were to a) walk away entirely or b) cooperate with what is now inevitably their narrative. Much to her regret I'd imagine, she decided to go along with the police proposals.

Shaped from what to what? Her account did not change from the intial one i.e. that she did not recall what had happened!

Oh for fuck's sake. Stop imagining and speculating and pushing your agenda and narrative onto this thread.

And if you're going to join in, start answering all the inconvenient questions put to you over the past few days.

Did she not give evidence at the trial?

How was what she said at trial different from what she had said all along? What was the effect of this 'shaping' in changing her account?

And, for a bonus point, whose accounts did indisputaby change over time, insofar as their later statements contained crucial information not in the earlier ones?

Apparently she left it in or outside a kebab shop
That does seem kind of significant to the primary argument that she was not in a fit state to give meaningful consent then. Doesn't it.
Leaving all else aside (including how any of us feel about the law arbitrating who is and who isn't a competent adult able to consent or not) wandering off leaving your bag wallet phone etc means you're probably really not ok, in quite an obvious way?

Oh for fuck's sake. Stop imagining and speculating and pushing your agenda and narrative onto this thread.

And if you're going to join in, start answering all the inconvenient questions put to you over the past few days.

None of them were inconvenient. Some were naive. And some were stupid. Most, if not all. were answered nonetheless.

How was what she said at trial different from what she had said all along? What was the effect of this 'shaping' in changing her account?

And, for a bonus point, whose accounts did indisputaby change over time, insofar as their later statements contained crucial information not in the earlier ones?

It was about changing her account as such. It would have been about adding in: what happened prior to her not remembering.And all the rest of it, if the defence barrister was doing his job.

It was about changing her account as such. It would have been about adding in: what happened prior to her not remembering.And all the rest of it, if the defence barrister was doing his job.

Oh, so not shaped as such. But added to, eh? So do you know what was added? What did she say in court that hadn't been said to the police?

Or are you speculating again?

Back
Top Bottom