Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

a thread of fake Morleys

as seen on the x files and smoked by the cigarette smoking man (who clearly isnt a smoker!)
pp-morley2.jpg

Perhaps there should be an OKR Chicken on the Old Kent Road.

There is a television advert for KFC (I think, or it may be another brand) that shows the chicken and the chips in close up. The meal looks very dry and unappetising. I have eaten a KFC a long time ago and yes it was rather dry. I prefer grilled chicken. I don't understand why chicken shops are springing up everwhere like dandelions in summer.

The kids wanted to try Albanian Fried chicken ( AFC as it was called ) a week ago in Vlore, Albanian. Jesus christ- it makes the fake morelys look like Marco Pierre White

Bump! What a thread!

I was driving down Whitehorse Road in Croydon yesterday and saw a place called The Croydon Morley or something like that. I couldn't stop for a photo unfortunately.

:confused: hmm

BTW the lookalikeys could of course be franchises.
Ah but no, they are not legit franchises of the official chicken chain - they're just using the same colours and similar name to subliminally make people feel a familiarity with the chicken on offer, like so that they feel they know what they're getting. I think.

Last edited:
Leisurewear for the connoisseur...

20140915_1410797479.jpg

eta...sent from phone before, couldn't see it was too small

Last edited:
I reckon foreigners might be perplexed by our joy at Mowley/Merlie/Monley.
When I had some older relatives visit me from abroad - their first trip to London too - their biggest impression and confusion was "why are there so many fried chicken shops"? There used to be three within a 2 minute walk of my old place - in fact on one parade there were two chicken shops within 4 doors of each other:facepalm: - see for yourself, a Berties and a MMM fake Morleys
Google Maps

Last edited:
in other S>E London chain news Gogi's off licenses have all shut down :( they were a bit shit tbh but still, a familair sight
i knew of, and shopped in, 4 branches around lewisham, but there were definitely more than that.... according to the internet there were some as far as Thamsemead and Bexley

i presume they all closed - the 4 i knew all have

in other S>E London chain news Gogi's off licenses have all shut down :( they were a bit shit tbh but still, a familair sight
i knew of, and shopped in, 4 branches around lewisham, but there were definitely more than that.... according to the internet there were some as far as Thamsemead and Bexley

i presume they all closed - the 4 i knew all have
Was Gogi's some kind of an authentic offie thing that the fake gogis were copying??

Was Gogi's some kind of an authentic offie thing that the fake gogis were copying??
i think it was the empire of Mr Gogi, who died a few years ago - his empire held for a time but crumbled in the end
the blue gogi's below may be an imitation - thats the thamsemead one - suspect! Or a different Mr Gogi
10647716.jpg

10494257.jpg

S13ZLOokZOeq4pW8AvDK7uc4AbLveOXJolR7dwM1Z69AOziDY_hjLj5Ik4kitHkdGDxQhMO35I_240He=s320

gogis-food-wine-41555.jpg

There's a Marleys on Brookmil Road (menu has the O changed to an A) and a Mowelys with a double M burger in Deptford and Catford.

Morleys are the business. Did they start in Lewisham?

Back
Top Bottom