Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A new mathematical symbol

Quantum mechanics is already described by mathematics. I did a course in that too, and I was even worse at it than I was at group theory.

We have +-×÷=, as well as many other mathematical symbols and the like. But really +-×÷= are the bones of all maths. What if there was something else that we hadn't discovered yet? Is this a possibility? I favour the idea of a quantum symbol. I'll call it Q, it means yes and no at the same time. Equals but does not equal, positive and negative. I'm pretty sure it will be in the new equation that solves where all the dark matter and energy is. Anyone wanna run the numbers?
Interesting idea qtπ

Perhaps you can explain what you meant by it, if not its usual meaning.
It was a wordplay on a mathematical symbol that the poster hadn't included in his original post.

Now either stop dancing around and explain yourself or shut up, really.

OK. It was the wordplay I was saying was sexist. Is it not sexist?
Maybe if it was aimed at a woman, in a condescending way, you'd have the point you're desperately struggling for.

In a reply to a poster who has always identified as a male as far as I've known him here, on a maths thread and in agreement with him, I think I'm safe.

Fuck off.

Maybe if it was aimed at a woman, in a condescending way, you'd have the point you're desperately struggling for.

In a reply to a poster who has always identified as a male as far as I've known him here, on a maths thread and in agreement with him, I think I'm safe.

Fuck off.
Fair enough. I had no idea of the gender of the poster you were addressing. But it's OK if you're being dismissive of females when you're addressing a male, so you're good. :thumbs:

I also like the remainder theorem - one of the first things that really endeared me to maths. I used to be able to prove it, I will go off and see whether I still can.

Back
Top Bottom