Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

76 Children Unaccounted For in Brighton

Robert Jenrick is the immigratoin minister.

Oh.

The Jenrick who was caught giving contracts to Tory donators. And signing contracts just hours before it would have cost the contractor (Richard Desmond) £40 million.

His only accountability was to be eventually removed from post - before being reinstated in government later.

This man took a lot of money, a fuckton, in a brown envelope and got away with it. It's pissed me off ever since.

Last edited:
I read the article that Joe Chi Min linked to. There was an impressive amount of detail and lots of diagrams of child abductee movements county to county. On reflection, it came across as a largely uncritical account of how the police are indeed "doing something", and the article felt like the work of someone "embedded" among the police. It almost felt like there was no curiosity as to the mechanics of how so many young people are taken, and an underlying sense of , what, affirmation? That "they" end up in criminal groups of "their" communities.

I read the article that Joe Chi Min linked to. There was an impressive amount of detail and lots of diagrams of child abductee movements county to county. On reflection, it came across as a largely uncritical account of how the police are indeed "doing something", and the article felt like the work of someone "embedded" among the police. It almost felt like there was no curiosity as to the mechanics of how so many young people are taken, and an underlying sense of , what, affirmation? That "they" end up in criminal groups of "their" communities.
Yeah there was a bit of "its the ethnic minorities what did it" about it, ignoring the basic mechanics of which adult lets these kids out their site in the first place

The Brighton & Hove Safeguarding Children’s Partnership (BHSCP) published, on 28th February, a scrutiny report into reports of missing unaccompanied asylum-seeking children (UASC) from a Home Office run hotel in Hove.

The Brighton & Hove Safeguarding Children’s Partnership (BHSCP) published, on 28th February, a scrutiny report into reports of missing unaccompanied asylum-seeking children (UASC) from a Home Office run hotel in Hove.

What a strange mess of a document. I don't know how many times the author reiterates his confidence that he is assured that X,Y and Z are taking the safety of unaccompanied asylum seeker children very seriously. There's a weird reference to children "making themselves unsafe". And structurally, it's all over the place. But it's not my territory, so maybe this is what a useful report looks like in that context.

This should have happened before now, however, Bella Sankey, former Director of Detention Action & now Labour leader at B&HCC set an intention to litigate against the HO, and it was heard in the High Court today!

This should have happened before now, however, Bella Sankey, former Director of Detention Action & now Labour leader at B&HCC set an intention to litigate against the HO, and it was heard in the High Court today!

To add, CEO of B&HCC, Geoff Raw, quit his role & fucked off before this shit hit the fan.

Back
Top Bottom