Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

37, including 23 children, dead in mass killing at Thailand nursery 06/10/22

Cid

Proper break this time
Not going to add much commentary. Honestly I was going to C&P salient information, but every paragraph is heartbreaking.

The perpetrator, a former police officer, has killed himself, along with his wife and child (like I said, every paragraph).

Location: Uthai Sawan in the north-eastern province of Nong Bua Lamphu

I think the worst detail about this, which the guardian doesn't seem to mention is that most of the kids were knifed to death after he shot the adults. An American style school nightmare actually seems tame.

Those poor little things. I have a little boy. I've no idea if I could keep on living

There was a mass shooting in Thailand in early 2020, which you may not have noticed, what with Covid and all. It was carried out by a soldier, who I assume had relatively easy access to a gun. I suspect the number of people capable of doing something like this doesn't vary all that much between countries, but the availability of things that are able to kill large numbers of people obviously affects the frequency.

There was a mass shooting in Thailand in early 2020, which you may not have noticed, what with Covid and all. It was carried out by a soldier, who I assume had relatively easy access to a gun. I suspect the number of people capable of doing something like this doesn't vary all that much between countries, but the availability of things that are able to kill large numbers of people obviously affects the frequency.

I wouldn't be surprised if the gun lobby in the US uses this as an excuse to do nothing with "well, it happens everywhere."

I remember the shooting in early 2020 it happened in a shopping centre, there’s supposedly a lot of guns in that part of Thailand near the Cambodian border

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if the gun lobby in the US uses this as an excuse to do nothing with "well, it happens everywhere."
I would be surprised if they take much notice as many of those Americans don’t give a toss about anything outside their own country, they wouldn’t find Thailand on a map.

One child survived because they believe she was napping under a blanket.

The class of 11 children, all around three years old, had earlier been busy drawing and writing. At around 10:00 local time, teachers sent photo updates to all the parents of smiling, happy children.

Two hours later, at nap time, former police officer Panya Kamrab stormed the building. Witnesses said he first shot staff, including a teacher who was eight months pregnant, before forcing his way into each of the three kindergarten classrooms.

He murdered all of Emmy's friends as they slept.

It is unclear how she survived. She was found awake, curled up next to the bodies of her classmates.

I'd hate to be the parent who has to explain why all her friends are gone.

Back
Top Bottom