Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

2012 Lambeth Country show - 15 and 16 September, Brockwell Park

I thought Harvest Cocker won? I've never managed to see the veg characters. I don't even know where that tent is :oops:
Head for the marquee which is just down the sloping lawn from Brockwell Hall (the building with the cafe in it)

It used to be a children's competition, but there were so many entries which obviously had enthusiastic adult "assistance" that for the last few years there have been two separate competitions:

Flower show schedule and regulations said:
Section E Floral art exhibits
Open plan tables, no alcoves will be provided, the height is unlimited unless
otherwise stated. Exhibitors will be allowed to use accessories, drapes, etc.
Flowers and plant materials must predominate but the exhibitor does not need
to have grown them. Flowers must be arranged at the show without assistance.
Natural plant materials may be used. Entries after 13 September 2012 cannot
be accepted. Entries are arranged on the day.
Theme: Harvest Festival
Class 69 A vegetable figure

Section F Children’s exhibits
Class 70 Vegetable animal

Harvest Cocker was the best of the veg, but he had close completion. It was a good year for pushy parents.
I especially admired the pulp.

The Nutkins tableau was also masterful though.
The attention to detail was magnificent.

For people who drank cider, how are your stomachs? Myself and husband have not been feeling right, but it could also have been the burger & chips we had. But my son had that and he's fine.

For people who drank cider, how are your stomachs? Myself and husband have not been feeling right, but it could also have been the burger & chips we had. But my son had that and he's fine.

I had chucklehead and stowford - my tummy is fine but a couple of us have woken with stinky colds. :(

If I over do it on cider full stop I get a dodgy tum. No chance of that for me today with the chucklehead running out :rolleyes::mad::D

Can anyone confirm if members of Nation of Islam, were handing out newspapers/leaflets with 'white trash' printed on them?

Can anyone confirm if members of Nation of Islam, were handing out newspapers/leaflets with 'white trash' printed on them?

I didnt notice any such thing. Where have you heard that?

Had a great time both days at my first ever LCS. Was nice to see people and harass animals in the vauxhall city farm bit. Couldnt get anywhere near the veg models, it was always three deep at the table.

Will definitely go again next year :)

I didnt notice any such thing. Where have you heard that?

Had a great time both days at my first ever LCS. Was nice to see people and harass animals in the vauxhall city farm bit. Couldnt get anywhere near the veg models, it was always three deep at the table.

Will definitely go again next year :)

Thanks. Somebody who went said so and said they told a policemen, who said they'd 'Ave a word' but didn't.

Glad you enjoyed it. We missed it this year. It's usually a tradition to attend, but I had no spare cash come the end of school holidays:(

Not bad considering, but I did have to put myself to bed at about 6pm :rolleyes:

Fine, but I 've only had a glassful so far, and that was from the bottles carried home, not from any served there.

E1141554-53B4-4660-A1AC-B59F66C15A43-2650-0000035679E9AA4B.jpg

/dies

TBh the stowford and then Westons was fine, it was all the double spirits consumed at various pubs afterwards that did it for me :rolleyes:

Nice to hang out yesterday up the hill with peeps :)

Back
Top Bottom