Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Youtube Defeats Adblockers

You can import bookmarks, logins etc from Chrome to Firefox.
Yeh expected you could I remember having to so it all the time when new browsers seems to pop up all the time and be better when it was ie5 or whatever time.

Had to reinstall a phone recently and figured great import Google account tada. Then you spend weeks messing about with it to actually get it how you want. Same when I last did a laptop we stuck an ssd in. So many passwords and bullshit it's made me jaded to the process lol.

Would have thought passwords and bookmarks and things would be easy enough. And you can presumably copy it all across and still use chrome if it doesn't work.

But you probably know this :(

... and have been shown how to do it already :oops:

Amirite in thinking YT are now streaming 720p, meaning downloaders can't access anything above 360p anymore?

Amirite in thinking YT are now streaming 720p, meaning downloaders can't access anything above 360p anymore?

Yep, I was. Means recording shit I want to watch/keep in real time from my firestick through my game-capture device to a flash drive with the unavoidable initial screen furniture. What a fucking ball ache. I'm not interested in Air B'n'B, Tina Fey or MORE FUCKING SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES! I keep telling myself it's only £3 a month, and then I remember that's for Amazon Prime (on top of the £90 per year I already pay, plus £1K shopping) and that it's actually £15 per month to watch shit they didn't even make themselves :mad:

I'm presuming they're going to start charging for youtube at some point, when I'll go back to watching and listening to my hundreds of GB of videos and downloaded Radio 4 plays. :)

YT hasn't served me a single ad all evening!? Something afoot? Perhaps they (or their clients) have learn't than I'm completely unsusceptible to this BS. I don't go on holiday, own a pet, run a business, drive a car and I rarely leave my house except for work. There were lots of ads for streaming services too, but due to all the above, I already pay for them :cool:

Back in the olden days, when we had 2 tv channels, adds were a novelty and watching them was an accepted price for viewing ITV.

Now the web has a huge choice of things to see and all the advertising products go on a mental shit list of things to never even consider buying

Back
Top Bottom