Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Google GMail, YouTube and other services DOWN! Mon 14th Dec 2020

Yeah mine dropped too.

And as the panic set in I realised once again how much I rely on digital stuff that has no paper for offline use. All those emailed receipts and correspondence without a hard copy, if they disappeared the reconstructing of accounts and business would be a fuckin nightmare.

Then it came back on again so everything's aok...

This post reads like the beginning of a disaster movie - especially the last sentence. :D

My IPcam had trouble accessing the Gmail SMTP server early this morning ...
I see or dormant GMail accounts are going to be shut down ... maybe I could try to log into them and send an email - we have until June 2021 ...
All the ones I can remember setting up simply forward to my main one ...

So it seems that sporadically, my IPCam (me) is having rejected emails addressed to me but via the SMTP email server that the camera uses so the errror messages appear in my normal inbox - albeit without the photos of passing cars or whatever ... :hmm:

Big problems with Gmail last night- I got lots of bounce mails for emails sent by the U75 server saying recipients did not exist, including my own address.
Couldn’t see anything on the Google status page but down detector confirmed an issue.
FF79D16C-D327-40D7-8487-72B30AF495A9.jpeg

Google still not taking SMTP emails from my ancient and dodgy IPcam :p
Thunderbird on my PC seems fine.
This was a month after I put it in the DMZ for ease of config on my new modem.

Google still not taking SMTP emails from my ancient and dodgy IPcam :p
Thunderbird on my PC seems fine.
This was a month after I put it in the DMZ for ease of config on my new modem.
Better check my webmail then - last year, Google dumped a bunch of emails in my inbox that were sent to me up to 10 days previously - that meant I had to work over Christmas in order to work on the now urgent actions.

Back
Top Bottom