Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your local train station

I suppose this would be mine:

edpark_station_viewed.jpg

There's also a tram line/stop here now. I don't really use it, but it's the closest to me and I have gotten the train there to get to the out-of-town retail park that isn't actually out of town - town planning at its best. Nowadays I just cycle, unless I'll need to carry something heavy home - in those situation I convince the other half to go.

21212734.jpg
Welcome to Clapton ! The station is about a 5 minute walk from the flat.

10041229.jpg

Minimalist!

Who needs toilets, or coffee shops, or waiting rooms... Or even benches!

Or ticket machines :oops:

It does sometimes have trains. Occasionally.

ETA: looking at that it clearly used to be busier, the two outside lines are now defunct, the inside lines mostly have high speed non stopping trains, steam trains or coal wagons.

It even used to have benches! And maybe a waiting room at the top of the stairs.

4782121539_72a9418e34.jpg

Last edited:
welcome to america! this is barely even a train station

XLmDjhK.jpg

but it is my only commuter rail until i get into Boston proper, then the subway (tube haha) can take me anywhere

Hull_Paragon_Interchange_-_geograph.org.uk_-_827686.jpg

14440.jpg

2584700_659596d9.jpg

picture004wt2.jpg

The above pic must be a few years old, since for the last few years Philip Larkin has been running for his train outside the door of the Royal Station Hotel:

Philip_Larkin_Statue_Hull.jpg

It's also the bus station:

114-Paragon-Interchange.jpg

Last edited:
Fifty years ago this would have been my local station - Botanic Gardens:

Botanic_Gardens_Station,_Glasgow_1857922_0fb79ef9.jpg

Botanic_Gardens_Railway_Station_Hull_1967.jpg

IIRC it was originally called Cemetery Gates, since it was near to the old Western Cemetery, but was renamed before World War I. Keats and Yeates are on your side, and all that.

Long gone now. A bakery sits on the site of the engine shed opposite - emitting nicer fumes than steam engines, it must be said - and there's a pub on the site of the station itself.

30d5dd1b07e87fe7be8cac9434670d7a.jpeg

I suppose this would be mine:

View attachment 52097

There's also a tram line/stop here now. I don't really use it, but it's the closest to me and I have gotten the train there to get to the out-of-town retail park that isn't actually out of town - town planning at its best. Nowadays I just cycle, unless I'll need to carry something heavy home - in those situation I convince the other half to go.
You live near my mum then. Glad to hear the tram lines linked to it now, I remember some painfully cold waits at the little bus stop there.

This is mine in 3 days time:

2001700_1bd15030.jpg

It's got more going for it than my local one! Look it's even got a dot matrix sign to tell you stuff!!

And benches!

And a bin...

:D

Sadly a lot of British very small station are similar to yours, with just no attempt at providing even basic facilities at all. :(

Apparently there's a small station in the next town so mine would be this:
images

or this one:

images

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom