Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

WTF is that in the sky?!! (Noctilucent clouds over Brixton!)

ghostbusters come to brixton :eek:
i was going to suggest an early sunrise until i saw that pic.
not quite the same as this from stonehenge
IMAG0968.jpg

sorry for crap pic :oops:

This is clearly nothing but light reflecting off a weather balloon.

Kindly return to your homes for this evening and report to government re-education station 3b tomorrow.

:cool:

p.s. We really need a lizard smily :p

Very quickly reading this FAQ http://www.nlcnet.co.uk/nlcfaq.htm

The latiude fits (london is 51 and half deg N)
The time of year fits (near summer solstace)
The time of day fits (deep twilight before dawn)

On the flip side for the Northern Lights we are

Wrong point in the sunspot cycle
Wrong time of year (near the equinox-we are as far from that as you can get)
Generally moving.

and I gotta go....

editor said:
Well, the BBC said that they're going to run the picture on BBC London News on the 1.30pm and 6.30pm shows and see if anyone else saw it or knows what it was.

I've seen zillions of sun rises from this vantage point, but this is the first one I've dragged Eme out of bed to look at - it really was very, very unusual.
i looked out of the window at about 1.00am and thought to myself how long the sunset was lasting.so i think we can rule out sunrise.

And how long was the photo onscreen for?!

In case anyone missed it, they asked viewers to email in their opinions, so it will be back on again at 6.30pm.

Nice one Peter!

(Notes the 112 people viewing the Brixton forum)

Hello BBC visitors!

You need to register to join in the discussion here, but it's free, there's no advertising and it shouldn't take long before you're ready to join in.

:oops: not see in Brixton par of bords.

seen on Image BBC :cool:

image (They coming)

* desktop calder for july .)

editor said:
(Notes the 112 people viewing the Brixton forum)

Hello BBC visitors!

You need to register to join in the discussion here, but it's free, there's no advertising and it shouldn't take long before you're ready to join in.

Oh goodie, fresh meat :D

Will definitely try to make sure I watch the BBC news tonight. It's a brilliant picture & the whole thing is very mystifying. :)

A friend & I saw something similar from his eighth floor flat in Wimbledon a few months back. Never worked out what it was.

Minnie_the_Minx said:
come tonight's programme there'll be some boffin giving a scientific explanation to the whole thing
And he or she had better have at least five pens in the top pocket of their white lab coat or I won't believe a word they say.

The noctilucent cloud explanation looks most likely now.

editor said:
And he or she had better have at least five pens in the top pocket of their white lab coat or I won't believe a word they say.

The noctilucent cloud explanation looks most likely now.

and some huge glasses, although bifocals will do.

Even if it is a noctilucent cloud it's still newsworthy just for those who have never even heard of them :oops:

editor said:
And he or she had better have at least five pens in the top pocket of their white lab coat

A slide rule would be nice...

For younger readers:

SlideRule.jpg

It does sums.

Without batteries!

Back
Top Bottom