Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Worst Christmas Day TV ever?

When it was all a lot, lot better....

And, if you want, the full Morecambe and Wise 1978 Christmas Show, it's here:

😍 😍 😍

I suspect there are repeats of dad's army and a Micheal Palin travelogue around somewhere which would keep me amused. Have just watched Ian Hislops review of the year which was sweet.

The only thing that I'm watching on the major terrestrial channels is Nutcracker. The rest of the time there's nothing of any interest

Been watching videos on YouTube for the last couple of hours , John Rogers , London Walks , and Adventures Archives who do long walks , mostly in the States.

Far too familiar with the Ted Xmas special. Giving it a break for a year or two.

The recording of Gatiss' stage production of A Christmas Carol was fabulous and by far the best thing on all day - it is on iPlayer if anyone missed it and is still up for something festive.

Does anyone still watch live TV? Kind of an odd concept, didn’t even know you could still have a five live channel set up tbh.
Some old people AFAICT, but even my Dad who’s over 70 mainly watches stuff via the catch-up services (he’d never pay for a Netflix equivalent)

We do now and then, and so does my GF, whose in her thirties, so it's not an old person thing.

I'm not sure what you mean about via cable. Getting it via cable doesn't mean it's not live TV.

Does anyone still watch live TV? Kind of an odd concept, didn’t even know you could still have a five live channel set up tbh.

I sort of forgot that live TV was still a thing.

There are many more than five free to air channels now but most of them are filled with tenth rate reality shite or endless repeats of mock the week.

We do now and then, and so does my GF, whose in her thirties, so it's not an old person thing.

I'm not sure what you mean about via cable. Getting it via cable doesn't mean it's not live TV.
Yeah I know, but it also means your not restricted to ‘what’s on TV’ on Christmas Day :confused:

Yeah I know, but it also means your not restricted to ‘what’s on TV’ on Christmas Day :confused:

Yeah, but what you asked was if anyone still watches live TV, not if people watch live TV on Christmas Day.

Sometimes it's easier to just stick something on the TV.

Back
Top Bottom