Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

World Trade Centre terrorist attacks, 11th September 2001

Have you heard, a plane has crashed into the world trade centre in New York?

(you can always rely on me for ground breaking news can't you!)

They (american media)think that it was on purpose, 10 floors affected, Now they think that a second plane has crashed into the world trade centre

I've just seen the footage, one plane hit one tower then a few minutes later another one crashed straight into the other tower.

It doesn't matter what the building is or it's purpose, hundreds of people must have died, which is terrible.

From the Telegraph (BBC seems down at the moment)
:
Second plane crashes into World Trade Centre
(Filed: 11/09/2001)

A SECOND plane has crashed into the second tower of the World Trade Centre, minutes after an aircraft slammed into the other New York City tower.

An eyewitness said the first aircraft appeared to be a small, private plane which crashed into the top of the tower, near the 107th floor.

The plane slammed into the building and exited the other side. Smoke can be seen billowing from the top floors.

Minutes later, another plane flew straight into the neighbouring twin tower.

It is not clear how many people were on board either plane, nor how many were injured or killed.

The accidents occurred about 9am, New York time, in clear weather

If you look at CNN it has live coverage-it definately looks deliberate

everyone and their mum must be looking at the news sites as i can't get in...GRRRRRR

they just showed the second plane crash into the tower. the most fucked thing i ever seen,

I went up the top of it with my dad once.

all those people...

FUCKING HELL!

the planes crashed at 8.50am new york time. there would have been loads of people around, going to work etc.

Just seen it on the news. Looks terrible.
Bush says it looks like terrorists and he will put all resources into catching them.
But he is busy on his way back to Washington.

It's a terrible, sickening sight (check out BBC News24 if you can't access the news websites) and I can't imagine how many people must have died: I used to work nearby and know how busy it was round that area and in the tower, especially at 9am...

The initial quoted casualty figure is 6 dead and 1,000 injured: but that's surely got to rise....

yeh, mike, i'd say so...all the people outside too. What happenedt oa llth e bits of plane, too? the pics of the buildings show smoke and holes......

Shit - a guy from my office is over there today at the World Financial centre - just on the other side of the street.

There is video on bbc.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom