Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Work starts on the eagerly awaited new Foxtons office on Brixton Road

I received a house warming party invite in Southwyck House the other day. From an acquaintance who was determined to move into the new block next to the Laundrette/Granville Arcade. I thought it was all Social Housing, or has some been RTBuyed?

more paint attacks last night

brixton-thatcher-party-34.jpg
Those red lines look new, was it the road line painters? :hmm:

I received a house warming party invite in Southwyck House the other day. From an acquaintance who was determined to move into the new block next to the Laundrette/Granville Arcade. I thought it was all Social Housing, or has some been RTBuyed?

some must have been RTBuyed.. there was one up for sale a year or 2 ago.

Trying to infect a council estate with their 'corporate clients.' Kill them in the face now. Fuck their spam and their shiny suits and the shitty 'wacky' cars that scuttle around like oversized festering rats.

View attachment 31773

yeah, got a similar letter yesterday, different street names. Do these 'clients' actually exist or is it just a ruse to drum up some rental activity?

I notice the return address on the envelope is somewhere in Europe so I guess it's a very large scale national mailout operation by the spammy, devisive twunts.

I need a real world spam filter on my letterbox.

..or you could pick up a dog poo with it and slot into the aircon-intake on one of thier minis.

Trying to infect a council estate with their 'corporate clients.' Kill them in the face now. Fuck their spam and their shiny suits and the shitty 'wacky' cars that scuttle around like oversized festering rats.

View attachment 31773
Everyone in our street has had that letter too. Bollocks have they got loads of corporate tenants wanting to move in fast. Just another ruse to drum up business. And prices.

Also, I don't really understand how they expect this to work. If you're a tenant like me, you'd just open this letter and chuck it in the bin. Why would you pass it on to your landlord? Unless it's a ruse to identify possible properties for sale...

Everyone in our street has had that letter too. Bollocks have they got loads of corporate tenants wanting to move in fast. Just another ruse to drum up business. And prices.

Also, I don't really understand how they expect this to work. If you're a tenant like me, you'd just open this letter and chuck it in the bin. Why would you pass it on to your landlord? Unless it's a ruse to identify possible properties for sale...

That's what I thought - I wonder if are they contravening some sort of false advertising legislation ie - could they be legally told to pack the fuck in?

That's what I thought - I wonder if are they contravening some sort of false advertising legislation ie - could they be legally told to pack the fuck in?

From the OFT Estate Agent's Guide:
Misleading Statements
It is illegal to mislead buyers or sellers in any way.​
In particular, you must not:​
•give misleading information about offers for a​
particular property, or invent bids - for example,​
claim to have first time or cash buyers unless​
you can show why you think this is true​
•give misleading information about the​
existence or status of any potential buyer -​
for example, advertise or state that you have​
potential buyers unless you can prove that this​
is true.​
Remember that a statement that is factually true​
can be presented in a misleading way. You must​
take care to avoid this​

Foxtons is loathsome. Colleague telling me last night how they encourage landlords to drive up rents - including his in Brixton

Apparently this happens on a six-month basis

"In March, Foxtons opened branches in Brixton and in Mare Street, Hackney. There was immediately graffiti ("yuck" and "yuppies out"), but that, said Ben, who has worked for the company for some time, always happens. "We got the same thing in Shoreditch." There was some paint-splashing when Brixton celebrated the death of Margaret Thatcher, but recently, there have been protests outside specifically about rising rents in the area."

I've noticed they park a whole load of their tacky minis on (I think) Trinity Gardens, by the BHF Furnature shop is. Nicking all the parking spots when there's no restrictions, cheeky gits.

Which will put many families out of the running if thy don't have a spare £250k in the bank. A great shame.

Not that Foxtons cares about that anyway.

yes of course, that much is obvious.. but if you read back, you will see that I was merely confirming the fact that some of the flats in there had be RTBed, not commenting on it either way or relating it in any way to Foxtons for that matter.

yes of course, that much is obvious.. but if you read back, you will see that I was merely confirming the fact that some of the flats in there had be RTBed, not commenting on it either way or relating it in any way to Foxtons for that matter.
Oh yes, sorry, I didn't mean you'd said anything like that, I think I was amazed at the price of that flat and it blew a circuit in my brain.

Oh yes, sorry, I didn't mean you'd said anything like that, I think was amazed at the price of that flat and it blew a circuit in my brain.

how many people on urban these days? maybe if we rummage really deep down the back of our collective sofas we could buy an urban flat? :D

Back
Top Bottom