Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Work starts on the eagerly awaited new Foxtons office on Brixton Road

As they're in the ESA support group they have some special advisor. I don't see them that often. Usually to give them some food.

Its not QE that is only measure being used. Among others is this recent brainwave from the government.

This mortgage scheme is quite mad

The answer is to build.

Apparently, only around 100,000 houses were built last year.

I won't bore you again with the population figures to show how inadequate that figure is.

They decided the risks were too great, so suspended the usual rules.

A few firms were allowed to be wiped out: Bear Stearns, Lehman and, notably, AIG, which was sacrificed to save Goldman Sachs.

This mortgage scheme is quite mad

The answer is to build.

Apparently, only around 100,000 houses were built last year.

I won't bore you again with the population figures to show how inadequate that figure is.

100,000 nationwide, when we need that many in Greater London alone. :facepalm:

Agenda item submission from a council tenant of long standing for our next TRA meeting:

"One is the problem with Foxton’s sending unwanted letters to Council Tenants (and leaseholders) every month, they are getting on my t**s and probably on other’s too - we need to put pressure on Lambeth Living to make them stop it or find a way of taking direct action against them. It is not right that they should entice tenants to break their tenancy agreements by offering them much more money than the tenants pay in rent to the Council. Fraud is rife in Lambeth and it is a scam that has been allowed to continue for a long time. If Lambeth is truly serious about stamping it out they should start with places like Foxton’s. Well, that’s my humble view."

presumably you sublet your council house for considerably more than you pay in rent.

Some councils allow tenants to sublet providing it is for 'cost', I believe.

They decided the risks were too great, so suspended the usual rules.

A few firms were allowed to be wiped out: Bear Stearns, Lehman and, notably, AIG, which was sacrificed to save Goldman Sachs.

Ah yes Goldman Sachs.

I few months ago on the news I heard someone from Goldman Sachs saying the crisis was caused by European governments over generous:rolleyes: welfare spending. When the interviewer interjected this was not right he said the "structural deficit" caused by Gordon Brown and also other European governments was the problem. That the bankers (and Goldman Sachs) were not the problem.

He said the European workers had had it to easy.

These people ( and there companies) are really nasty pieces of work. They are ruthless. Even if on the surface they appear well mannered.

Chatting to a Black guy I know recently. ( born in Brixton of Carribbean heritage). He did not have your confidence in the "positives". His view was that by the time the Black Cultural Archives building is finished there will not be any Black people left in Brixton with the way things are going.
To be fair, anything could happen in the time it will take to finish the BCA building. :D

'Class war' breaking out in Brixton over opening of new Foxtons estate agent

04 April 2013

"Class warfare" has broken out in Brixton over a new branch of Foxtons opening in the area.
The estate agent opened on Brixton Road last month, causing some residents to complain of “gentrification”.
But now protests have taken a more extreme turn after abusive graffiti started appearing on the shop.
Last week employees were shocked to find the words “yuppies out!” painted in capital letters across the floor-to-ceiling window.
It comes after someone scrawled “yuck” across the glass the week before.

The amount of people I hear in the pubs and clubs of Brixton plotting (or more likely, dreaming of) taking guerilla action against Foxtons...

**mentally wills them on

:)

The amount of people I hear in the pubs and clubs of Brixton plotting (or more likely, dreaming of) taking guerilla action against Foxtons...

**mentally wills them on

:)
I would be a bit more guarded with comments like that, editor.
People died and lost their homes in fires caused by rioting in 2011 after commercial premises were targeted and set on fire.
You wouldn't want to appear to be tacitly approving acts that could result in such tragic consequences on a public messageboard, would you?

I would be a bit more guarded with comments like that, editor.
People died and lost their homes in fires caused by rioting in 2011 after commercial premises were targeted and set on fire.
You wouldn't want to appear to be tacitly approving acts that could result in such tragic consequences on a public messageboard, would you?
Guerilla action does not involve setting fire to property. That is arson. Guerilla action involves things like people all spontaneously deciding to go into Foxtons at the same time for a chat, or other such legal wheezes.

Guerilla action does not involve setting fire to property. That is arson. Guerilla action involves things like people all spontaneously deciding to go into Foxtons at the same time for a chat, or other such legal wheezes.
guerrilla.jpg

some guerrillas recently

Back
Top Bottom