Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

women in sitcoms

Roseanne was one of the most popular US TV shows of the 80s and 90s. It got revived a few years ago which went famously pear shaped, but it’s still running without Roseanne Barr.

I Love Lucy with Lucille Ball was the biggest US TV series of the 50s

also The Honeymooners, in which Alice was the sensible one who spat right back at Ralph every time. a fair depiction of nyc working class life at that time (i speak from experience).

and from the 90s, Grace Under Fire.

and from the 90s, Grace Under Fire.
Grace Under Fire was not bad but a bit of Roseanne rip-off with an equally troubled lead actress, who unlike Roseanne Barr at least seems to have put her life back together. Last saw her on The Walking Dead.

One of the main characters in Derry Girls is a boy who
decides he is a Derry girl in the final scenes

Grace Under Fire was not bad but a bit of Roseanne rip-off with an equally troubled lead actress, who unlike Roseanne Barr at least seems to have put her life back together. Last saw her on The Walking Dead.

brett butler's alright. i like this quote, "I spent the first twenty years of my life waiting for two men I was reasonably certain would never come back — my daddy and Jesus Christ. I don’t wait for them anymore. My dad, anyway. And at least with Jesus I didn’t spend all that time thinking he was gone because of something I did."

barr was always a shit.

Loads of female comedians have been given sitcoms lately in what had been described as the Fleabag Effect;

Roisin Connerty (Gameface)
Aisling Bea (This Way Up)
Mae Martin (Feel Good)
Katherine Ryan (The Duchess)

Back
Top Bottom