Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Funniest SitCom Episodes?

The first episode I saw was Kryten. It made a big impression. I think my favourite episodes are Justice and Back to Reality.
My mind sometimes wanders towards wondering if I’d pass the Inquisitor test :D

Though thinking about it, I think Justice is the one when Rimmer gets put in the cyborg prison?

And nobody has mentioned Spaced I don’t think? Though in a similar vein to what I say about Black Books above, one of my favourite 3 episodes has aged badly. :(

However, both the clubbing episode and the one where they drink in Camden are still absolutely mint :cool:
I'm still bitter about a poll we had here many years ago, on the best sitcom ever. Spaced somehow edged out Father Ted to win it.

I decided I couldn't name a stand out episode of IAP, but series two and KMKY are inferior to series one.

Just been reminded of the brilliance of some of the episodes of Superstore, one of my favourites is on ITV2 atm, "Labor" (in which Cheyenne is about to give birth and her colleagues ask head office to consider paid maternity leave). Been cackling my head off! (Hilarious as well as making a point about US employee rights).

And nobody has mentioned Spaced I don’t think? Though in a similar vein to what I say about Black Books above, one of my favourite 3 episodes has aged badly. :(

However, both the clubbing episode and the one where they drink in Camden are still absolutely mint :cool:
Clubbing episode was the first I thought of re. the thread title - the experience of clubbing has never been captured so authentically.

I also really like the Alan Partridge episode where he gets picked up by the super-fan with Alan's face tattooed on his chest and a shrine in his spare room.

Has League of Gentlemen been mentioned yet? That had some amazing episodes.

Last edited:
I was trying to think of more specific scenes I love from IASIP, Frank's gun interview is another scene of absolute beauty imo:

Back
Top Bottom