Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why the Guardian is going down the pan!

Oh, for heaven's sake. What is there to object to here, Weepiper? If it was an article about affordable reds in the £50-£60 category then you might have a point, but a piece about £6 bottles that suggests they can be bought in bulk isn't really of note in a mass-market broadsheet.

It's a first world newspaper with a first world readership. Suggesting that its loyal fans enjoy mid-priced mid-week red isn't really evidence of metropolitan condescension to indigent Picts.

The tribal grunts of left and right will not rescue us

simon jenkins said:
The right has no answer to the widening gulf between rich and poor. The left has no answer to the chronic need for welfare targeting and means testing. When the right makes changes to health policy, housing subsidies or deregulation, the left howls. When the left proposes higher property taxes or fewer prisoners, the right howls. These are mere tribal grunts.

Was he a LibDem backer?

E2a: What a stupid question. Nick Clegg's in the last ditch. Now is the time for him to come out fighting Linked earlier wasn't it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/nov/16/beat-taxman-keep-child-benefit

Now, I actually don't like means-tested benefits, but that aside, this article is nauseating.

Agreed -- revolting. No wonder the author stayed anonymous!

It's sparked off some lively debate underneath though. Plenty of negative criticisms from some contributors. This is representative of the more critical posts :

Wealth protection advice that is utterly irrelevant to the 95% of households in the UK that can only dream of... sorry, aspire to an income of £50k+.
If I didn't already read The Guardian for free I'd cancel my subscription...

Back
Top Bottom