Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why is 'browning up' acceptable in Hollywood?

Yeah, because an argument's worth is dictated by weight of numbers.

The fact that Rutita1 disagree about the efficacy of a particular tactic in the fight against racism is not quite the same as me insisting she's wrong. And, in any event, she accepted my central point (the hypothetical one).

In your opinion, what are the circumstances in which it is acceptable for a white person to disagree with a person of colour regarding race?

Seriously, until you make an inch of effort to hear me and the things that I experience, never ever, quote/misquote me again...I ask you this and nothing more.

I do not accept your endless selfcomforting hypotheticals, they boil my piss, they disappoint me...read back a few pages to know and understand how your hypotheticals affect people like me.

I am not waiting for people like you/ with your perspective to hear and appreciate people like me btw, just so you know. :)

Seriously, until you make an inch of effort to hear me and the things that I experience, never ever, quote/misquote me again...I ask you this and nothing more.

I do not accept your endless selfcomforting hypotheticals, they boil my piss, they disappoint me...read back a few pages to know and understand how your hypotheticals affect people like me.

I am not waiting for people with your perspective to hear and appreciate people like me btw, just so you know. :)

Just before you quoted, I edited that post. I meant to refer to Mation, not you. Sorry.

Okay? No, own this shit. Rutita and Mation are distinctively different user names...yet you mix us up and accuse PT of delivering a low blow? NOPE.

It's not uncommon for me to mix posters up, regardless of race, sex etc.. To suggest otherwise, in order to hint at racism on my part, is a cheap shot. But one which suits the narrative you and others are tying to push. So there's little else I can say but 'ok'.

Presumably you've chosen to ignore the views of Mariane Pearl, another woman of colour. Convenient for you.
When she 'chose' who was to play her, I wonder what the shortlist looked like that she was asked to choose from.

Or are you suggesting that if she requested the local woman from the bakery that would have been granted?

Last edited:
Yeah, because an argument's worth is dictated by weight of numbers.

The fact that Mation and I disagree about the efficacy of a particular tactic in the fight against racism is not quite the same as me insisting she's wrong. And, in any event, she accepted my central point (the hypothetical one).

In your opinion, what are the circumstances in which it is acceptable for a white person to disagree with a person of colour regarding race?
Everyone fucking disagrees with you. On here, at least. Might be different on the daily mail forum.

When she 'chose' who was to play her, I wonder what the shortlist looked like that she was asked to choose from.

Or are you suggesting that if she requested the local woman from the bakery that would hace been granted?

I don't know; neither do you. She is explicit about choosing Jolie, and in countering the arguments about race. You can ignore what she says, suggest it wasn't true, or speculate as to what might have happened, but it's a completely dishonest way to debate.

It's not uncommon for me to mix posters up, regardless of race, sex etc.. To suggest otherwise, in order to hint at racism on my part, is a cheap shot. But one which suits the narrative you and others are tying to push. So there's little else I can say but 'ok'.

Don't even try it! I have been out all evening and not posted on this thread all day. You have been speaking to Mation, not me, but mix us up and now seek to justify that by accusing me of things I haven't yet said? ? Fuck off, you are not clever enough for this shit.

Don't even try it! I have been out all evening and not posted on this thread all day. You have been speaking to Mation, not me, but mix us up and now seek to justify that by accusing me of things I haven't yet said? ? Fuck off.

Ok.

In which case I'm surprised that the second or third post on this one wasn't yer man popping up with his roll eyes and a link to the previous thread.

Tbf, yer man's MO is 'this has been discussed, at length, many times...' Which doesn't really describe that previous thread.

However, he may be along to remind us of other occasions...

Back
Top Bottom