Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why do we believe lies?

They touched on religion, that for example the Popes are probably not lying in the instructions they give to their followers, the Popes probably believe what they are saying is truth, however for non believers like me religion is a big lie, and one that has convinced millions of followers.

I have a relative in the CofE ( Catholic father Jewish mother :confused: ) and he doesn’t believe a single word of it

So "denmark" is a convenient simile?

((Denmark)) :(
Could be any country.

Yes, they do. (not all but a significant number of ) Animal species have most (all?) of the things humans do in terms of culture .
But humans have arguably become the dominant animal on the planet, certainly because of our weapons we are the apex predator, when we wish to be. And our use of the planet's resources has led to us damaging the planet out of our greed. We can't even agree to that, there are significant naysayers. There have to be facts, and one party will be being either dishonest or misguided.

He's dangerous

you’re platitudinal offering of a quote by Aristotle (yeah I did google) being around the time when he thought society should be organised amongst his ideals.

and the ‘he’s dangerous’ comment makes a good point, of which you didn’t intend - mammals - dangerous - indulgence in gratuitous violence.

I have a relative in the CofE ( Catholic father Jewish mother :confused: ) and he doesn’t believe a single word of it
My parents were regular CofE churchgoers. I think mainly it was socially learnt behaviour for them although they did believe in things that were larger than simply human. And I think they found it a comfort.

you’re platitudinal offering of a quote by Aristotle (yeah I did google) being around the time when he thought society should be organised amongst his ideals.

and the ‘he’s dangerous’ comment makes a good point, of which you didn’t intend - mammals - dangerous - indulgence in gratuitous violence.

Go away

This thread touches on my unpopular theory that rejection of science is a cunning trick by nature to harness our fear that we are surplus to requirements. So we continue to spoil our environment and cull our species with all sorts of processes, such as the spreading of new viruses. Is self-destructive behaviour a natural response to the need for a cull of humans?
I often wonder if there is an optimum global human population, which begs the question how would we limit our growth to that number anyhow.

But I think Science is on the up at the moment, I believe that we trust scientists (and I include doctors) more than politicians, hence Boris is flanked by two of them when he utters at his press briefings.

Why does he persist with it then?

he’s gotten himself free accommodation, a taxless income, funding for his children to attend expensive schools, and found himself in areas of great affluence. Old money too.

so he stands on his stage asking us to forgive thy neighbour 77 x 7 times, none of which he adheres to himself.

he lies to others and himself.

This thread touches on my unpopular theory that rejection of science is a cunning trick by nature to harness our fear that we are surplus to requirements. So we continue to spoil our environment and cull our species with all sorts of processes, such as the spreading of new viruses. Is self-destructive behaviour a natural response to the need for a cull of humans?

ive just had a brief glance at your thread, didn’t realise so many on here held absolute truth.... wankers

Religion splits the population.
Believers think non-believers are heathen, and non-believers think believers are misguided or lying.

Believers don't provide facts to prove their thesis.

ive just had a brief glance at your thread, didn’t realise so many on here held absolute truth.... wankers
It was a very disappointing thread. So much snark and tyre-kicking. Nobody talked about how our self-conscious might be used as a pathway by Nature to urge us to kill ourselves.

I often wonder if there is an optimum global human population, which begs the question how would we limit our growth to that number anyhow.

But I think Science is on the up at the moment, I believe that we trust scientists (and I include doctors) more than politicians, hence Boris is flanked by two of them when he utters at his press briefings.
How can you say that, when half of America votes to reject science?

hmm .. Humberto you haven't actually said much in this thread so I don't know what your consider are facts and what lies?

Ok I said the Bible was truth in reponse to you.

Then i quoted Aristotle.

Then I said Jay Park trades of being confrontational and 'dangerous', which he does.

So fuck off you cheeky prick

It was a very disappointing thread. So much snark and tyre-kicking. Nobody talked about how our self-conscious might be used as a pathway by Nature to urge us to kill ourselves.

Also difficult to argue with, for example, Yield’s analysis. He seemed bang on.

It’s just that circle jerk of shitehawks arising when people present a question from an a-typical perspective. What’s wrong with asking questions, and if they’re so clever then go on, gives us the tools with which to educate ourselves to the same degree.

most of em just sneering wankers tho

Ok I said the Bible was truth in reponse to you.

It was like a throw away remark, no evidence just a comment, if you really believe that how about some facts?

Then i quoted Aristotle.
Didn't interest me enough to comment.

Then I said Jay Park trades of being confrontational and 'dangerous', which he does.
I don't follow him much so I don't know.

So fuck off you cheeky prick
same to you, god botherer.

It was like a throw away remark, no evidence just a comment, if you really believe that how about some facts?

Didn't interest me enough to comment.

I don't follow him much so I don't know.

same to you, god botherer.

Ah there you go worlds most boring poster

the ‘need to cull humans’ term was at the very least sloppy language. Right?

It was sloppy language wasn’t it?

Back
Top Bottom