Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who's going to Gay Shame 2009?

Blimey, that was good! Some amazing outfits. I liked the pair of bears with stripey bathing suits with tutus, and rubber ducks stuck to their heads :D

I modelled my, uhm, flower, in the watercolours booth (they did ask so nicely) and I got diagnosed as a 'tragic poet'. I never did discover what exactly went on at Hitchcock's Handbags, though.

we missed you!

Yes it was phenomenal - a great finale for Gay Shame after 12 years!

Incredibly friendly crowd, Nipsla said the best night she'd had in the Academy and I think I agree! I just love Duckie's anti-corporate, twisted and mad celebration of gayness in all its' forms :D

Actionettes rocked, and I loved the way some of them kept coming onto the stage throughout the evening to be bored housewives or prancing around doing mad stuff (oh yes and that bit with Em catching butterflies with a net, ahhhh :D). Hula-hoop man was mind-boggling and those 'ladies' in the stripey swimsuits - ulp!

Readers Wives span a great selection of choonage - as always, a real mixture of genres oh and St. Etienne, we got to the front just in time for them and they rocked.. All the stalls were great too - my fave was the Womyn's Safe Space - totally ironic but JUST like the Big Green Gathering :eek::D

Loads of people dressed up, many more than at last year's 'macho' Gay Shame, so there are obviously more people out there in touch with their feminine side.......;)

w00000h.

It's been a long time since I've been down Old Compton Street and it was amazing - I only went because I was meeting up with old friends and I met many people who I haven't seen for ages - it was fantastic - the atmosphere was great - it was packed - you couldn't hardly move and there was a real real good feel around the place:)

It's been a long time since I've been down Old Compton Street and it was amazing - I only went because I was meeting up with old friends and I met many people who I haven't seen for ages - it was fantastic - the atmosphere was great - it was packed - you couldn't hardly move and there was a real real good feel around the place:)

Yeah Pride was amazing wasn't it! :) I have never SEEN Trafalgar Square so packed that you couldn't even get into it............ :)

The whole thing was an inspiration. I remember the days when we were out on a limb in Brockwell park, hidden away from all the 'normal' people ;) - and now they close central London off for us and all the 'normal' people are celebrating with us as well! How things have changed. :)

That was a terrific night!!

gay-shame-02.jpg

gay-shame-03.jpg

gay-shame-01.jpg

Trafalgar Sq was fun. I was down with a bunch from the vauxhall tavern. I was told I was put up on the big screens :)

I remember the days when we were out on a limb in Brockwell park, hidden away from all the 'normal' people ;) - and now they close central London off for us and all the 'normal' people are celebrating with us as well! How things have changed. :)

Brockwell Park - I remember :D How times have changed :D

What an amazing night. Can honestly say that's one of the best nights I've had for a long time. Top Drawer :cool::)

Fabulous. :D The only downsides for me were how hot and packed it was, which made getting to the stalls and finding people a problem, but the whole show was amazing - everything you said, Han - and it was brill hanging out with you, Blue Nun, nipsla, editor et al. :) :cool:

I'm rather disappointed that it was the only one of its kind though. I think a monthly Girly Gay Shame is ***definitely*** called for. Anyone? :D

I'm rather disappointed that it was the only one of its kind though. I think a monthly Girly Gay Shame is ***definitely*** called for. Anyone? :D

I was there - had a fab night and caught up with some friends I hadn''t seen for a while

Duckie at the RVT in Vauxhall is Gay Shame's parent night, same DJs and smiliar acts. It's one of my fav nights in London and it's cheap as chips

Was a top night indeed :) After all the planning & making & working with the Duckie peeps that we'd been doing for the past few weeks, I feel a bit at a loose end now though... ;)

Fantastic pics Ed :)

What a great night.

I can't believe I didn't realise that we could pay stamps and go and dance on the stage with the actionettes - I thought all those people were Duckie crew - I deffo would've done it otherwise - waaaaaaaaaaaa!!

That was SUCH a fun night. I'm glad you took pics Ed - I can hardly remember any of it it went by so fast.

I was SO tired on sunday and my feet hurt like fuck but it was so cool to be part of something like that. I real honour and so different to our normal dancing shows.

I want more pics!

I wasn't in any of the pics. :( Editoooooor! :mad:

Actually, it's probably a good thing as my slap was no doubt running all down my face like I'd had a facial implosion in an oil drum...

:D ;)

Ha ha! :D Isn't Eme's hair marvellous? She looked amazing onstage! Mine was kind of beehived but it fell over earlier in the evening - by the end I was going for full-on hysterical meltdown courtesy of this pesky womb of mine.

Back
Top Bottom