Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who Are You Planning To Vote For Next Week:

How will you vote?

• Total voters
Labour.

The party I, stubbornly, still support.
_47738977_brown_260_bbc.jpg

It's worth reiterating that to spend thirteen years whining about New Labour and everything it stands for, only to keep voting for New Labour borders on insanity.

Just used my postal vote to vote Green in both sets of elections, purely because they're the only party who aren't openly and enthusiastically neo-liberal, apart from the BNP.

I'll do my usual of staying up as long as possible then checking the results in the morning. My real interest (kettering result) might have to wait. In 2005 they were the very last to announce a result after recounts. Probably down to the counters having webbed hands and/or extra fingers due to endemic inbreeding.

It's worth reiterating that to spend thirteen years whining about New Labour and everything it stands for, only to keep voting for New Labour borders on insanity.

Marginal seats where the only possible winners are either Tory or Labour?

(Not voting Labour myself cos I'm not in a marginal, just asking though)

I was going to vote Green, but I'm voting Labour just to keep Tories out.

Also I think they did some good things - no government is perfect.

they also did lots of shit things, they all do.

Marginal seats where the only possible winners are either Tory or Labour?

(Not voting Labour myself cos I'm not in a marginal, just asking though)

Couldn't give two tosses. It's the entire system I oppose, not one or another party that simply wishes to run it. The outcome will ultimately be basically the same whether it's Labour, Tory, or a coalition of either or both and the Lib Dems.

As long as people who purport to be to the left of Labour continue to hang onto Labour's coat tails, nothing to the left of them will ever be sustained.

I was going to vote Green, but I'm voting Labour just to keep Tories out.

Also I think they did some good things - no government is perfect.

they also did lots of shit things, they all do.

That's a fair argument if you are content with the existing order.

That's a fair argument if you are content with the existing order.

Even if you're not, which I'm not, I'd be very hard pushed to do anything that helped the Tories, even indirectly. My very objection to New Labour is their neo-Toryism/updated Thatcherism, but I remember the originals last time around, and I don't (quite) subscribe to the view that the Tories are incapable of being any worse. They are.

That being my POV I respect those voting tactical anti Tory in marginals. I doubt many if any of them are confusing that with any kind of radical action. It's just a straightforward anti Tory move.

Even if you're not, which I'm not, I'd be very hard pushed to do anything that helped the Tories, even indirectly. My very objection to New Labour is their neo-Toryism/updated Thatcherism, but I remember the originals last time around, and I don't (quite) subscribe to the view that the Tories are incapable of being any worse. They are.

That being my POV I respect those voting tactical anti Tory in marginals. I doubt many if any of them are confusing that with any kind of radial action. It's just a straightforward anti Tory move.

I understand the viewpoint, but it's precisely that kind of thinking that perpetuates the stranglehold of the Labour Party on what is still probably just about a majority of the working class. When even those who purport to be to the left of Labour resort to it, it helps guarantee that anything to the left of Labour remains marginalised. Nothing could be more senseless than to spend thirteen years campaigning against a party and then going and voting for it come election time. Furthermore, it aids Labour in a further move to the right, which is the only direction in which it can or will move

Back
Top Bottom