Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which is the most hardcore Orange/Proddy town in Scotland?

chico enrico

No hair shows you care.
Just wondering. Espech as we've had a thread about the orange order recently.

Was talking to a friend who has just moved from Italy to a dump in Central Scotland to work over the summer (why the fuck, i do not know). She says the area is known for being 'Orange' but she lives in the blissful ignorance of what that meant.

So, what is the most hardcore blue-nose part of Scotland? I've heard Broxburn is just mental with impromptu marches down the high st every week after the flute band practice and it was the 'Broxburn Truth Defenders' who defied the minute's silence by playing 'the sash' during the drumcree memorial for the three catholic children who were killed when their house was firebombed :eek: :( :mad:

Sanquhar (Dumfries & Galloway) seemed pretty orange. There was only one pub on the high street. It was called the King William. It had a McEwans sign. And it was painted blue.

A bunch of urchins emerged from the pub as I walked past, not one of them could have been older than 12. Nonetheless their little leader gave me a bold look and asked "You alright mister?" :D Also, they were all dressed like mini versions of the Undertones on their first album cover.

Uded to have dealings with schools in the Ardrie/Bellshill area & that could be pretty alarming TBH. The local lodges were still very vital community organisations there & we had to tread very carefully in our dealings with them. Although there are many places in the central belt that could probably lay claim.

Worst was when we took kids from an Aberdeen school to an inter-schools match & ended-up having to fight-off opposition parents because our kids were wearing green (catholic) uniforms. :eek:

There's a few places that would probably like to claim it. Harthill, Larkhall, Stonehouse, Whitburn, Bridgeton, Cumnock, Auchinlek, Ardrossan, Saltocats, Kilwinning to name but a few.

smug mode ;)

Which is the most hardcore Orange/Proddy town in Scotland? I wouldn't know I live on the east coast :p

Definetly somewhere in the central belt from what I've heard. Some of those names sound grim but Wishaw and Motherwell aren't on that list and imo/e they ARE grim :(

Bound to be in Lanarkshire or Ayrshire. My first thought was Larkhall, but there is probably somewhere even more mental, going beyond painting the park railings grey not green, attacking the NTL boxes when first installed for being green and being the only place I've seen where Subway has a black, not green, frontage. Surprised they don't spraypaint the grass and trees.

If you think Motherwell and Wishaw are grim I suspect you have never been to some of those other places.

Motherwell and Wishaw are like Monte Carlo and Gstaad in comparison. :(

Really?? I decided they were bad enough and never went near the area again tbh :D

Bound to be in Lanarkshire or Ayrshire. My first thought was Larkhall, but there is probably somewhere even more mental, going beyond painting the park railings grey not green, attacking the NTL boxes when first installed for being green and being the only place I've seen where Subway has a black, not green, frontage. Surprised they don't spraypaint the grass and trees.

funnily enough, i was back in scotland over the weekend and there was an article in the scottish edition of News of the World about a bus driver from Larkhall being arrested at the big belfast orange walk for fighting - and that ws after he had taken a busload of folk over .

smug mode ;)

Which is the most hardcore Orange/Proddy town in Scotland? I wouldn't know I live on the east coast :p

The east doesn't get any better as you go toward falkirk too though that goes without saying

avonbridge, slamannan, standburn, california, shieldhill and kincardine are like the fucking wild west.Nearly everyone of them is related in some way.

For a real orange pit try Dalry,Kilwinng and try drongan in ayrshire - they have the flagpoles on the houses.

Uded to have dealings with schools in the Airdrie/Bellshill area & that could be pretty alarming TBH. The local lodges were still very vital community organisations there & we had to tread very carefully in our dealings with them. Although there are many places in the central belt that could probably lay claim.

Worst was when we took kids from an Aberdeen school to an inter-schools match & ended-up having to fight-off opposition parents because our kids were wearing green (catholic) uniforms. :eek:

I've heard Airdrie is really bad for that kinda shite. Never been there mind, just heard it on the grapevine.

yep. ardrie is a rangers (ie. protestant town). their football team supporters are into all that same union jack, god save the queen stuff as the rangers fans.

like gemeni snake, i too am from the east coast, and glad we dont have all that nonsense over here.

i remember reading about larkhall in the paper, they smash the green traffic lights and everything.

i cant help but think thats really just a bit sad.

The east doesn't get any better as you go toward falkirk too though that goes without saying

avonbridge, slamannan, standburn, california, shieldhill and kincardine

They're not the east coast though(tbh where I am I consider Forfar to the west :D )
I'm not convinced south of the Forth isn't England anyway ;) <runs away>

Ime the only bigots on the east coast are orange ones, it doesn't seem to work the other way round here :confused: and a bit :( that there's any nonsense tbh.

i remember reading about larkhall in the paper, they smash the green traffic lights and everything.

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of - did these geniuses rip out their own gall bladders after they finished with the traffic lights?

avonbridge, slamannan, standburn, california, shieldhill and kincardine are like the fucking wild west.Nearly everyone of them is related in some way.

For a real orange pit try Dalry,Kilwinng and try drongan in ayrshire - they have the flagpoles on the houses.
u ever been up the braes to slag us off where do u come from

Back
Top Bottom