Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What two days of the week would you go into the office if required?

:hmm:

i can see benefits in that, but what about social distancing? some places are making it clear they don't want everyone in on the same day
There's 10 of us in my team, 5 teams in the department, maybe 60 people in all. It will be co-ordinated so that different teams go in on different days, so there's plenty of space. There are no fixed plans (that have been announced), but people are discussing it, and most of us are thinking along the same lines.

Well, you can't with that defeatist attitude.

"Behind you, on the counter, you'll see a bike pump."

"Behind you."

"Other way."

eta: on the videophone.
I thought it was a pun on the word “counter”

Looking like it will be a case of booking a desk the week before for the days you want to be in. This means I can try a couple of options.

Apparently Wednesday is the most common day people are in the office now. So avoid that immediately. I think I would pick Tuesday and Thursday to break the week up.

Also in my case that would involve a 300 mile trip they would need to pay for twice a week to get me in for about 4 hours. Or it would need to also involve a hotel and food allowance too. So they would cancel it very quickly. Which they did on this logic when it was suggested I come in once a month.

Apparently Wednesday is the most common day people are in the office now. So avoid that immediately. I think I would pick Tuesday and Thursday to break the week up.

Also in my case that would involve a 300 mile trip they would need to pay for twice a week to get me in for about 4 hours. Or it would need to also involve a hotel and food allowance too. So they would cancel it very quickly. Which they did on this logic when it was suggested I come in once a month.
TWaTs... Tuesday, Weds, Thurs are busiest days.

I like to pick and choose. although that admittedly doesn't make it easy to coordinate with the people you wouldn't mind seeing from time to time.

When I was working freelance doing web stuff, I'd occasionally have to go in to the client's office for a day or two.
I always chose Friday as my first choice (or Thurs and Fri if I had to do two days) purely because everyone was in a better mood with the weekend approaching and there might be some free drinks thing I could gatecrash.

Yesterday and 'one day'...

Stood here in the rain digging concrete fence posts out by hand and still glad I haven't got to go into an office.

I would totally pick Friday now because most people are WFH that day, so I can go out to the pub after and not have to scream at people to be heard. Which is the reason I would have avoided Friday in the past.

I’m about to do this in a new job and think I’d like Tuesday and Thursday or one of those plus Wednesday.

I wouldn’t want Monday because I like that as an admin day to ease me in. I can wear loungewear and be relaxed. I also wouldn’t like Friday as the point of me going in would be to see colleagues, have meetings etc

We’ll see.

Monday and Friday are the best days IMO because they are the quietest in terms of driving.

Friday is a particularly good day to go in. Looks like when I go back to work it may have to be Monday Wednesday though.

Currently doing Wednesdays having swapped from Mondays.

I take advantage of flexi time and do around 0715-1515 so don’t have any traffic issues.

Saturday and Sunday because that's when it's busiest at recreational places, and when the neighbours do noisy garden stuff in the summer.

Very quiet in the office today - probably have space for 100 in here - on busy days there may be 60+ here - maybe 15 in today - bliss.

We don’t have an office but if I had to, I would choose Thursday and Friday. I do kind of miss that buzz on Friday afternoon, that subtle wind down, when you leave work, go for a drink people are out in pubs and stuff. But I haven’t worked on a Friday for many years.

probably fewer than 10 people in our office today and there is space for many hundreds. so I'm not sure about any Friday buzz...

Back
Top Bottom