Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

what the bible says about money

Basically that 'the bible says' you shouldn't hang on to your money but risk it on stock market instead. And if you buy his newsletter books etc. you will DEFINATELY become a millionaire.

'Blessed are the poor...', 'You can't serve both God and Mammon...', 'Gather your treasure in heaven not on earth...'

Plus Jesus was a working man. And he rode on a donkey.

Apparently the Greek word for what he did was 'tekton', which means 'workman'.

So he might have been a handyman, or a jack of all trades. A Mr. Fix-it.

I've read that it was more akin to 'builder', which was a pretty middle-class profession at the time.

I'm working on a 'it's not about the money, money, money' reply, which somehow links Jessie J to Jesus, but I'm some way off.

Meet back here, same time Tuedsay?

'I will send a flood to destroy the world, build a huge boat and put six pairs of clean and two pairs of unclean animals'
'Sorry, I'm working that day and I can't get any more time off'

It's going to rain for how long ?? :facepalm: .... "oy vey, my sinuses are going to give me hell ....and my garden, all my radishes will die, not to mention the roses....the donkey will have to be brought inside ... :(:facepalm:"

If Abraham had had a job the bible would be very different for example.
'Take your son, your only son, and bring him to the mountain as a sacrifice to me'
'I can't, sorry God! I'm working late tomorrow night, and the day after is my only day off'
Though tbf, if God had just commanded Abraham to sacrifice his son, his dedication to his job might not be uppermost in his mind. Perhaps, "Sacrifice Isaac, are you fucking insane?" could be the reaction.

Back
Top Bottom