Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

I watched The Machinist awhile ago and since then i have checked out a few other Brad Anderson films. Last night i watched Happy Accidents and Transsiberian prob gonna watch Session 9 tonight.

Predators. Like anything else associated with this particular franchise, pretty rubbish. Predators are just crap monsters.

:D: "Screeeeww you" is a favourite and oft repeated quote in the goth household

and that! :D also Runningman "I live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!" brilliant arnie doing crazyman :D

What's Up Doc ? This was the first non-animation Disney film I saw at the cinema and it's still funny, especially Madeline Kahn.

killerbitch_finalcover_200_2inhigh.jpg

Nick & Noras infinite wotsit.

It was shit the first time, not sure what possessed me to watch it again. Oh I remember, booze.

The Proposition - grim and violent but beautiful as well - great soundtrack from Nick Cave too, I think he wrote to film too.

Naked - started off not liking it, very Mike Leigh, who aint usually my bag, but as you begin to smile at the central character's wit and philisophical musings you remember what a nasty angry littl fuck he is and try to push him away from your 'I kind of like this bloke' feelings. I enjoy films that leave you with that unsettled feeling, makes them more than just a story or whatever. Nice one :)

Observe & Report: Writer/director Jody Hill is one of the talents behind the brilliant Eastbound & Down so I thought I'd really like this. Unfortunately, it's just another mediocre Seth Rogen comedy without any decent jokes.

What's Up Doc ? This was the first non-animation Disney film I saw at the cinema and it's still funny, especially Madeline Kahn.

mmm, Madeline Kahn...

I watched The Queen's Guards. Michael Powell movie made immediately after Peeping Tom, but before it was released. It should have been the film that ended MP's career as it is utterly awful, without any merit at all. Even the one semi-famous scene is rather spoilt by being completely and utterly stupid and pointless. We had a brief moment of excitement when, during the supposed storming of a 'Lybian' base, they're clearly at Camber Sands!

Back
Top Bottom