Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you listening to right now? v2.0

Ahahaha

haven't dared watch the video yet, but been listening to this on heavy rotation since the album came out...

i have just dared to watch the video.

the first time i heard the song was when my life was breaking. i literally howled, dissolved, and was terrified by my reaction to it. it made me want a cuddle from my mum, for the first time in a fucking long time.

the video just made me howl and dissolve, and want to hug steve mason. i sent him a 'can we have a cup of tea and talk about our mutual odd experiences' email just before i saw him live, when i melted (in a good way) and got literally help up by a friend and a monitor. he replied after the gig, and was absolutely lovely and a bit 'look after yourself, you big mental'.
um.. all i can say is rah. totally new twist on it now. fucking dance the 'wut' away.

/minor braincrack

more steve mason. because he can genuinely make everything alright again. and has said he doesn't mind me calling 'monkey minds in the devil's time' 'my breakdown soundtrack album' :D

I'm in the crowd down the front in this :D I'm the tiny head in front of Steve's right leg. I think I might have had a cup of tea in front of me by the monitor, but I'm not sure :D

And so do American Music Club

I always mishear this as I will not bring you another morning with caffeine, not Kathleen :hmm:

i never want to go to Glastonbury.

I wouldn't be able to do the opposite the violinist down the front safety mechanism. And he doesn't tour/play with them any more afaik. And That Twat is always in the crowd.
I'd go see them in Amsterdam though, mind.

I am determined to drink whisky with and lick the faces of and be looked after by strangers who I see as my friends again before I die, even if I have to go to Brooklyn and mallacoota to do it.

I followed Bryce and Padma around the UK in 05? when their band Clogs toured with The Books. The first night was at a venue called The Shed in Malton, which was gorgeous. I spent the week mega bussing round Britain, crashing on floors with and without The Twat. (I went back to Malton this year for the first time, on the way to Whitby for my first holiday since 04; I had lunch by the river while waiting for the best bus ride ever, and Reclaimed The Fuck out of it as a space without him).

I spent a week listening to friends play this and then whiskying with Bryce, Padma and all of the books afterwards.

I want to relive all of that.

It's a love song about Buddhist metaphysics, not love. or something :D
I think cheesypoof still has my lost and safe t shirt :D

Can anyone tell me what genre this comes under, please? I got a bit obsessed with it in 07.

Ged Lovely McGurn, my 07 cake and wine buddy and turner up in strange times, popped up at chapeltowns weird portal bus stop last year :D
And at Yo La Tengo at Church Leeds (RIP) in 2018 :D. That place has been an Oddness megaportal for decades :hmm:

Last edited:
All out glory days blow out.

I used to DJ a night called all the wine. We had a Proper Support Slot once at the cockpit.

We supported these lovely guys. The singer Josh is from Halifax and is the cousin of Matt berninger from the national

Back
Top Bottom