Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wearing sunglasses at work

Petcha

My first time in the office for two or ten lockdown years, god knows and the first time wearing serious clothes for a long time, long jeans, socks, shoes. Is it bad that I'm sitting here wearing sunglasses? I did buy some nice jeans and a nice shirt. And I had a shower. But my eyes are struggling. Everyone looks quite healthy and cheerful through them though. It's also midday and I only just made it in so that's possibly another bad mark in the book. The fucking lights. I need a drink.

I'm sure I can't be the only person struggling to deal with this nightmare of actually returning to the office. they've even given us a personal 'fashion stylist' to help us deal with dressing like people again, which im going to take up as there's a selfridges voucher involved. pub.

I'm sure I can't be the only person struggling to deal with this nightmare of actually returning to the office. they've even given us a personal 'fashion stylist' to help us deal with dressing like people again, which im going to take up as there's a selfridges voucher involved. pub.
I’m pretty sure that everybody else went through this nightmare something like 18 months ago.

I went back as soon as I could , and went in a few times during lockdown for emergency stuff , hated wfh.

This sounds like a bad 90s sitcom. Slap bass followed by laughter track when you pick up your office pass and immediately leave.

I had to go into work throughout lock down and this reminds me of seeing people coming back to work mid 2022 and sharing their monumental achievement through face mask, socially distanced and visibly worried about touching the kettle.

Top tip: Just make sure you drink enough the night before and you will be able to power through until 4.

And long jeans i mean opposed to the cutoff jean/shorts i've been rocking for the last 4 years. dont piss me off.

legend-london-shorts-light-blue-denim-shorts-ripped-repaired-32501702590661.webp

Fill a cough syrup bottle with Scotch and sip liberally throughout the day. People will think you're a trooper for coming in when clearly ill and they get to witness you visibly deteriorate in to an incoherent mess as the day progresses thus backing up your illness bullshit. Best bit is when you have such a lurgy no one is going to get close enough to smell your breath.

I manned the office almost single handedly during covid, because alarmingly it turned out that everyone was an antivaxer! And because it's working with vulnerable people they were directed to wfh.

But now I get to wfh, and when I do go in I actually wear sunglasses because the fluro lights give me a migraine.

It's also horrendously political atm, and like being in the middle of a Shakespearean drama :rolleyes: and I can't be doing with that. So I try and stay away as much as possible.

But yeah , the whole having to wear shoes and stuff , I can do without that too.

Fill a cough syrup bottle with Scotch and sip liberally throughout the day. People will think you're a trooper for coming in when clearly ill and they get to witness you visibly deteriorate in to an incoherent mess as the day progresses thus backing up your illness bullshit. Best bit is when you have such a lurgy no one is going to get close enough to smell your breath.
better to have a water bottle filled with white rum or vodka. or white rum and vodka.

Back
Top Bottom