Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

We hate Tooting and Mitcham

sleaterkinney

It's not looking good on the banks of the Wandle, Rooted to the bottom, Seven points points from a playoff to stay up. Thirteen points from safety. Joint management, and now this: (click)

Will we ever see a S London derby again?

(Things are not great for us as well mind you)

It's not looking good on the banks of the Wandle, Rooted to the bottom, Seven points points from a playoff to stay up. Thirteen points from safety. Joint management, and now this: (click)

Will we ever see a S London derby again?

(Things are not great for us as well mind you)

I was struck by the number of houses round there. Just hundreds of potential fans.

Kingstonian can move in permanently.

The Terrors recently released a forward to Farnham Town. In his first four matches for Farnham he has scored five goals and created two more. (Edited to say make that six goals and three assists in five games after this evening.)

Personally I find it sad to see the state Tooting are in. When I moved to London I lived in Streatham, my first game was Tooting v Dulwich in 1991 when both sides used Sandy Lane as their home so were my two local sides. Tooting won but I bumped into the Rabble, then a handful strong, and the rest is 32 years of my life story really.

It's fundamentally wrong that I will probably watch Tooting at Farnham next season. Even more so that the gate is likely to be bigger at Farnham than Tooting. It could so easily have been us mind ...

Edited to say I have just been told the lad banging them in at Farnham was playing wing back at Tooting.

Last edited:
Indeed Sandy Lane was where I first got taken under the wing of the Rabble after my first forays at the crumbling edifice that was Champion Hill.

After losing to Sutton Common Rovers today, the Terrors now look doomed to relegation. The CoCo looks nailed on next season now

Five years ago

Dulwich Hamlet thump 3 past Worthing in snow-bound exile, Sunday 18th March 2018

Dulwich Hamlet thump 3 past Worthing in snow-bound exile, Sunday 18th March 2018

Dulwich Hamlet fan Dave Fry working as Prescot Cables photographer the same day. Sadly he died horribly prematurely not long after (not connected to this weather.)

View attachment 367212
Another person miss terribly at Champion Hill. “Boring” Dave was anything but, a minefield of information about Non League football and always a pleasure to catch up with on his visits to Dulwich Hamlet.

Merstham may join them too. Lost 6-0 today, battering their goal difference. Eddie Simon scored five of them for Walton & Hersham, who are poised for their third successive promotion. Eddie scored one last weekend and hat tricks in four consecutive matches before that, incredible.

Dulwich Hamlet fans expressing sorrow at the state of the Thugs and Muggers.

Things really have changed around here.

I used to live in Tooting 1985 and Mitcham 1994 and this thread never fails to disappoint 🙄

Tooting have confirmed they are cutting prices from £10 to £8 adult, starting with the Hamlet match.

There's a collection for St George's Neurosurgical Research Fund at the match if anyone can spare the two quid that saves you. Ex Hamlet player and sponsor Ryan Adams has been undergoing treatment there. He's also ex Terrors and sponsors them too.

You know you love us really 😀. After the worst season in our history things can only get better - surely. Same for you lot.

Shak has new owners and I’m told they may be open tomorrow 🤞.

Check out the outside bar at the far end of the ground - enjoy the beer and the smell of the Wandle.

Always enjoyed Imperial Fields despite it being a bit of a mission. I'd kill for those end terraces at ours. Looking forward to tonight, shame to see how far T&M look to have fallen. Is moving to the 3G pitch next door a long term plan, or just for the non-Dulwich friendlies?

Always enjoyed Imperial Fields despite it being a bit of a mission. I'd kill for those end terraces at ours. Looking forward to tonight, shame to see how far T&M look to have fallen. Is moving to the 3G pitch next door a long term plan, or just for the non-Dulwich friendlies?
At this stage I think it's just a worst case scenario feared by some of their supporters due to diminishing attendance figures.

Back
Top Bottom