Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wales and Euro 2020

Playing a very strong French team in a friendly tonight, down to 10 men following one of the most ridiculous sending off/penalty decisions you’ll ever see in a friendly, after VAR intervention. Penalty saved.
Mbappe then scored from an offside position, but no check on VAR!

Even the French players were saying that Williams shouldn't have been sent off!

“He’s two yards out and I’m not even sure it’s a penalty. We’ve been told that if he’s in a natural position and he can’t do anything about it it’s not a penalty.

“Even their players were saying ‘don’t send him off’. You may as well give them two goals with a penalty and a red card.

“If it had happened against Switzerland (in Wales’ Euro 2020 opener) we would be a lot more gutted.”

Here's the highlights. It could have been a much tighter game if it hadn't been for that ridiculous sending off.

Who put this schedule together??! :facepalm:

We thought we had it bad when they bounced us from every corner of France like a pin ball. Clocked up some serious miles within the one country. Traveled more miles than any other team.

Then they went and spread it across Europe. Genius idea, not. The upside of Covid is that it will make them think twice about running the competition this way again Evar!

We thought we had it bad when they bounced us from every corner of France like a pin ball. Clocked up some serious miles within the one country. Traveled more miles than any other team.

Then they went and spread it across Europe. Genius idea, not. The upside of Covid is that it will make them think twice about running the competition this way again Evar!
It’s not that the idea is necessarily a bad one, just the implementation (like VAR-which incidentally is managed far better on the continent). Wembley should never have been given so many games, and some planning should have been given to the route through the knockout stages. If I had a spare 30 mins I could probably come up with a far better plan.

It’s not that the idea is necessarily a bad one, just the implementation (like VAR-which incidentally is managed far better on the continent). Wembley should never have been given so many games, and some planning should have been given to the route through the knockout stages. If I had a spare 30 mins I could probably come up with a far better plan.
Yeah, I was trying to remember if they announced the venues before they did the draw, although I'm fairly certain host nations were guaranteed to play in their home stadium :confused:

Ah, that's a bugger.

Maybe some who were already in Italy? Probably all gone home in between, though.
I think most were probably planning on staying away as long as possible due to the changing situation and possibility of being quarantined.

Wales fans banned from Amsterdam, but Danish fans allowed, despite both countries being on red list!

Back
Top Bottom