Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

VPN from India to UK for an iPad

UnderOpenSky

baseline neural therapy
Throwing this out there as it was dropped on me tonight. My partners sister is off to India tomorrow for a while (not that I'm jealous) and was asking me how she could access her UK Netflix from her iPad. An app based VPN provider seems to be the simplest way, but I don't have much time to do research. Can anyone recommend one. I've not used a VPN to do this kind of thing for many years so your thoughts would be really appreciated. :)

I use surfshark which seems to do the job.

Beware some vpn’s particularly cheap/free ones as Netflix block a lot of the addresses they use. It seems to be the more established ones like Nord and Surfshark etc which are the most stable from experience.

I use surfshark which seems to do the job.

Beware some vpn’s particularly cheap/free ones as Netflix block a lot of the addresses they use. It seems to be the more established ones like Nord and Surfshark etc which are the most stable from experience.

Yes. Sorry that's what I was thinking and should have put in the OP.

I'm worried about recommending one and it being blocked.

Tailscale and use her home internet as an exit node?

If it was for me or I had more time I'd probably go this route of similar, but not sure i want to get that involved. She doesnt have home Internet as has rented her flat. could put her on mine, but not sure how comfortable I am doing that.

Yes. Sorry that's what I was thinking and should have put in the OP.

I'm worried about recommending one and it being blocked.
That's on the sister though. Explain its not foolproof but she can try Nord or one of the other established ones. They are good value too. Nord you can usually get for a really reasonable deals.

That's on the sister though. Explain its not foolproof but she can try Nord or one of the other established ones. They are good value too. Nord you can usually get for a really reasonable deals.

Well maybe. But asking people if it's worked for them seems better then saying randomly pick one no?

I use nord for Netflix both when outside the UK to get uk content and sometimes to get non uk content in the UK

Perfect. One the big ones. Even my partners heard of that as they advertise on YouTube.

Well maybe. But asking people if it's worked for them seems better then saying randomly pick one no?

Perfect. One the big ones. Even my partners heard of that as they advertise on YouTube.
Yeah of course just didn't feel it was all on you. :) I hate making recommendations to people I know in case it goes wrong.

Looks like Nord's a good shout and I've always found them good too.

I always buy Nord through topcashback and get a discount. I have to change my email address every time, though.

Nord are doing a 30 day free trial ATM I think. Would that cover the trip UnderOpenSky ?

Yeah of course just didn't feel it was all on you. :) I hate making recommendations to people I know in case it goes wrong.

Looks like Nord's a good shout and I've always found them good too.

I normally try and avoid it like the plague, but my partner rather expects it.
I always buy Nord through topcashback and get a discount. I have to change my email address every time, though.

Nord are doing a 30 day free trial ATM I think. Would that cover the trip UnderOpenSky ?

No, but it's great to check it works.

Netflix India do a monthly plan at 720p for just under £2.

I'm told the issue on past trips is her UK login works, but gets Indian content.

Back
Top Bottom