Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help VPN dongle?

I was hoping i could just go to PC world, hand over some cash, get it working and crack on.

type VPN in the search bar in the bottom left corner and see what pops up. Windows does have a built in VPN client but that isn't really what you want. Also look in installed programs for something with the letters VPN in it. other good key words are Cisco and client.
I was hoping i could just go to PC world, hand over some cash, get it working and crack on.
Nope they'll just sell you some shit you don't want or need. Start by talking to whoever looks after the network stuff at the company. Chances are you will have to download something and spend half an hour fiddling, it shouldn't cost anything.

I honestly dont know what that is.:confused:

If your company runs a VPN to enable remote access to their services at head office, this will be access via a VPN program, or client, installed on your work computer.

Do you know if anyone else at the company is able to access the server remotely?

Looking for a bit of help here please. I've just started working for a new company & i use a laptop daily at work at several different locations, all are equipped with a wifi router that doesnt let me access the company server ( sited in our head office) via the VPN. Can i buy a dongle that will let me do this and more importantly, can a tech idiot like me set it up easily enough?

My understanding of this OP is that you are using a VPN but its not working on the sites you go to, does it work from your home internet?

If your company runs a VPN to enable remote access to their services at head office, this will be access via a VPN program, or client, installed on your work computer.

Do you know if anyone else at the company is able to access the server remotely?
Just spoke to a colleague, the previous IT install has been plagued with problems since it was set up around 7 months ago, thats why were appointing a new support company. If you're in the office its not too frustrating but out on site is where the problems are. A few of the other managers visit the office every couple of weeks to access the server & download what they need and then get any updated info pinged out to them.

My understanding of this OP is that you are using a VPN but its not working on the sites you go to, does it work from your home internet?
No, i managed to get access by tethering to my mobile but it give it bollocks after a short time.

So your issue is either with the internal working of the VPN, which I doubt you will be able to sort, or the speed you are able to achieve with your mobile hotspot (possible if it works ok on a decent home connection) or potentially the VPN is disconnecting either due to the connection at your end or the other.

I’d test it from your home internet again and see how good it is. Particularly out of hours ie when others might not be using it e.g. now.

When i first accessed the server, the connection was automatic through NetExtender. Then after a while i had to open NetExtender first to connect & now it wont even open.

Morgan Freeman voice

"But telbert didn't post the screenshot up, and that left Average Joe disappointed because he has a similar problem and was hoping for a solution"

Back
Top Bottom