Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Website freezing when loaded from my own computer

Norton is one of the worst culprits. What's worse is you're paying for the privilege of it spamming and scamming you. You pay for the antivirus, which, without your knowledge or consent, installs other software, like a driver updater, program updater, etc. It then runs these programs you didn't ask for, points out "problems" on your system, and offers to fix them, but if you click "Yes, fix my shit" you're given the finger, and told you have to pay an extra subscription fee if you want these "problems" fixed.
It would be less annoying if Norton wasn't also a steaming pile of shit.
In the early early days Norton had a great offer of £10 for a "lifetime" anti-virus checker. Unfortunately after a while they stopped updating virus definitions and didn't tell users :mad: Scamming bastards I'll never touch them.

reply sent.

website's a bit out of my league as far as HTML and website knitting is concerned - i used to run a website but was on 1990s tech...

think you need someone more up to date than me...
many thanks for that , i guess it could be anything from what you or others say on here . process of elimination now and just use Shopifys mailouts and Mailerlite and see if it continues

well i looked at reports etc and there were 3 bounces out of 1000 on last email and someone said they are going in his junk mail . So doesn't seem too out of the ordinary but i have deleted the bounced emails just incase

Maybe it’s the bulk email Sight. That has been blacklisted.
Funnily enough i viewed a report and there were about 4 out of 1000 marked as blacklisted because of my IP address - weird!
And one for "abuse" (one of my best customers though?) and several because of "bad connection"
And the most blocks are coming from this whatever it is - smtp;550 mx8-prd-nl1-vmo.edge.unified.services mx8-prd-nl1-vmo.edge.unified.services MXIN

Any ideas? The most soft bounces have been 73 out of a thousand but most of these went through the next time
Is it worth still using the email provider?

Back
Top Bottom