Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Very dull hoover thread

Shark are the bollox, best hoover I've ever used, ours has dust headlights and my goodness do they show up dust (on our wooden floors) you don't see with the naked eye, er... eye opening. I love hoovering.
Yep,we too have a Shark. Absolutely excellent.

Having gone through a month of renovations including grinding brick and plaster I can’t fault the Henry Xtra it has dealt with bag after bag of dust, plaster and sawdust and after a final clean up it’s back to precision hoovering around the house

Powerful, reliable, simple and bomb proof

I’ve had more modern dyson but they feel fiddly and brittle compared to the cheap Henry

Keep it simple and cheap like me

ETA there is a constant stream of cheap Henry’s for sale on Facebook market place for some reason, snap one up half price
I managed to set fire to one recently. Still worked fine after :thumbs:

Went for the 1400w Screwfix Titan as I was so impressed with their pressure washer. Does not disappoint. Serious suction, especially for £65 and does wet and dry

Says on the website you can use it with or without a bag. I've use the one that came with it, but is there any really need if you don't mind washing them from time to time. Used a Dyson so many years that bags are an oddity.

I used my Henry without a bag for years after a cleaner friend said they didn't need one, but after that its suction isn't what it used to be so perhaps I shouldn't have.

:(

I’m currently rolling with a 24V Morphy Richards 2-in-1 Supervac which is fine for daily dust, fluff, crumbs and hair in a carpet free home (bar a couple of rugs). The lights are really good on the front for showing up dust that would go unnoticed otherwise. It has a rotating brush at the front which is great on a wooden floor. And the main vacuum detaches as a handheld for getting up high.

The dust chamber does need emptying more regularly and the filter cleaning and hair needs to be stripped away from the brush regularly at the front but I weirdly enjoy cleaning it all out and keeping it well maintained.

For any serious action there is also the Henry with the turbo boost in reserve which comes out occasionally and also after I’ve given the hallway rug a shampoo clean.

The Ex has a wall mounted cordless Dyson which seems to suck! :)

It is great for cleaning the car though what with no cables etc ..

I used my Henry without a bag for years after a cleaner friend said they didn't need one, but after that its suction isn't what it used to be so perhaps I shouldn't have.

:(
Your motor almost certainly needs a complete stripdown and rebuild. That bag's there for a reason.

The one gripe I have with Henrys is that they are SO top heavy and are prone to falling over and needing to be put back upright again. They can take a thrashing around better than the best of them but my God they're unsteady on their feet. Mieles are at least better designed that way.

That’s excellent. If we were currently in U.K. I’d buy that.

We have a steam cleaner which is very good, and a cordless vacuum cleaner. Both work well but having the two in one really appeals for its convenience.

Well I've not had a chance to use it yet, but looks great, the hard floors should be easier to deal with all the animal fur!

I’m currently rolling with a 24V Morphy Richards 2-in-1 Supervac which is fine for daily dust, fluff, crumbs and hair in a carpet free home (bar a couple of rugs). The lights are really good on the front for showing up dust that would go unnoticed otherwise. It has a rotating brush at the front which is great on a wooden floor. And the main vacuum detaches as a handheld for getting up high.

The dust chamber does need emptying more regularly and the filter cleaning and hair needs to be stripped away from the brush regularly at the front but I weirdly enjoy cleaning it all out and keeping it well maintained.

For any serious action there is also the Henry with the turbo boost in reserve which comes out occasionally and also after I’ve given the hallway rug a shampoo clean.
Our Shark has the same dust lights, it really is an eye opener how much dust can be on the floor.

We recently bought a Vax “Airlift” upright vac for £120. It’s suction is fearsome to the point where it threatens to lift up the floorboards. Brilliant for pet hair - never had one as good.

Looking to get a cordless vacuum. Moved into a new place last year and our old Henry just doesn’t fit in anywhere. He’s trusty and does the job, but we don’t use him enough to justify the space he takes up. He’s also cumbersome and always seems to get stuck behind corners (probably my fault, but I like to blame him).

Any good recommendations? We’ve not got loads of space so thinking cordless, though I’d rather not buy a brand new litium battery just to save a bit of space. Was thinking about going second hand, but do cordless hoovers last? Are they worth going for second hand?

Looking to get a cordless vacuum. Moved into a new place last year and our old Henry just doesn’t fit in anywhere. He’s trusty and does the job, but we don’t use him enough to justify the space he takes up. He’s also cumbersome and always seems to get stuck behind corners (probably my fault, but I like to blame him).

Any good recommendations? We’ve not got loads of space so thinking cordless, though I’d rather not buy a brand new litium battery just to save a bit of space. Was thinking about going second hand, but do cordless hoovers last? Are they worth going for second hand?

I'd not buy something like that second hand as you'll be getting a second hand battery. No helpful suggestions though, but watching as I'd also like one at some point.

Does anyone have one of those robot vacuum cleaners ?
We do. Just got a basic one so it does struggle with corners and table/chair legs, but it’s pretty good for keeping things crumb and mess free once a week.

We do have a Vax cordless as well for doing hard to reach spots, stairs, more soiled areas, so we get that out once a month in addition to the weekly Roomba.

We do. Just got a basic one so it does struggle with corners and table/chair legs, but it’s pretty good for keeping things crumb and mess free once a week.

We do have a Vax cordless as well for doing hard to reach spots, stairs, more soiled areas, so we get that out once a month in addition to the weekly Roomba.
Ta, that's useful. When you say basic one what model/make is it?

I'd not buy something like that second hand as you'll be getting a second hand battery. No helpful suggestions though, but watching as I'd also like one at some point.
Yeah that's what I was assuming. Currently looking at for either a Vax, Henry or Shark cordless.

Back
Top Bottom