Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vampire Weekend?

missheard lyrics? I've been thinking it was 'cool' - aty least that wopuld make sense.
No, I think it really is 'coal.'

They're not a band that's setting my world on fire, but they're got an original twist to their songs, and the tunes are pretty good too.

It is coal :cool:

I love them - saw them on the John peel Stage and personally thought they were brill :)

My daughter adores them too - when we go walking on the huge deserted black beach near us we bawl the lyrics at each other.:D

I like them, the're nothing to kick up a fuss about but I like the drums and the lyrics appear to be drawn from their everyday life. 'Oxford Coma' is one of my feel-good-hits-of-the-summer.

Oxford Coma!

I like them, the're nothing to kick up a fuss about but I like the drums and the lyrics appear to be drawn from their everyday life. 'Oxford Coma' is one of my feel-good-hits-of-the-summer.

Apparently, an Oxford Comma is an archaic form of grammar, however , you can still find it in American writing.

One of 'Vampire Weekend' was reading English Lit at a very 'preppie' US university where they had societies for the preservation of such like fancy verbal usage.

And he found it irritating to put it mildly :D

thus 'Who gives a fuck about an Oxford Comma?'

I never knew I did :D

Apparently, an Oxford Comma is an archaic form of grammar, however , you can still find it in American writing.

One of 'Vampire Weekend' was reading English Lit at a very 'preppie' US university where they had societies for the preservation of such like fancy verbal usage.

And he found it irritating to put it mildly :D

thus 'Who gives a fuck about an Oxford Comma?'

I never knew I did :D
There are VERY good reasons for using an Oxford Comma and they are not archaic! :mad::p

There is another new-ish song about called 'Horchata' or something like that, as well.

:)

Ooh cool. Just had a look, here it is:

Sounds very different to the single, wonder what the album will be like. I can't stop listening to Cousins, their music is very addictive.

Ooh cool. Just had a look, here it is:

Sounds very different to the single, wonder what the album will be like. I can't stop listening to Cousins, their music is very addictive.

Its pretty fun and manic sounding. I really liked their first album, if this song is anything to go by, there should be some fun catchy songs on this next one as well.

:cool:

They're still shite.

sad-cat.jpg

That A-Punk one is a tune. Cheesy maybe, but still a good tune.

Yeh, I really like that one.

I think my favourite is probably 'campus' though. It is not as catchy, and the lyrics are proper twatty (I spilt kafir on my keffiyah), but I like it.

This one isn't on the first album but it was on the dodgy copy I downloaded and I really like it.

Really enjoyed the first album - not every song was a winner and some grate a bit with repeated listening, but overall a thumbs up. Looking forward to the new album and liking Cousins.

They are the band I most wish I'd been in. It's pretty much what I was trying to do way back when and wasn't good enough to manage. Their first album is one of my favourites of recent years.

Back
Top Bottom