Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US President Biden inauguration, Weds 20th Jan 2021 - news, build-up and protests

Interesting article in the Wall Street Journal (paywalled so archived)
Solo Extremists Might Pose Higher Risk Than Organized Groups

It quotes the leaders of those groups, and also message board debates over whether to demonstrate or not. I've seen similar myself. Nick Fuentes of the more political America First has issued a video saying there won't be large scale events and urging people not to attend. Of course many of these organised groups are dealing with the consequences of the social media and internet service provider bannings, as well as facing federal investigations.

No idea what will happen Wednesday except it will be nothing like the 6th at the Capitol. There you had the full range of Trumpists, populists and Republicans, the far right (both political and militias) and Qanon, plus people for whom it was just Glasto for cunts. In the fall out from what was, by any measure, a pretty disastrously unsuccessful event, many of these factions are pointing the finger at one another as much as at the 'enemy'. Some are going to be wary of who they demonstrate with in future. And many, whether out of prudence, tactics or reevaluation, will be wary of demonstrating at all.
Soz how is America first more political than fascist proud boys or the oathkeepers?

Soz how is America first more political than fascist proud boys or the oathkeepers?
They are a distinct public political grouping. On the 6th their leading figures posed for multiple group photos giving the ridiculous one finger America First salute. They then assembled by some statue outside the Capitol where Nick Fuentes gave a speech. There has been some militant cosplay (although less recently I think?) and brave words, but essentially they produce propaganda based on a core ideology. They are exactly like a small post-grad middle class Trotskyist party.

(Have to say I find their traditionalist catholicism interesting, but then I think both 'left' and 'right' forms of reactionary social catholicism are understudied).

And so it starts:

He wasn't the brightest spark though:

The Guardian's reporting here may have been a little too alarmist - according to the Washington Post, he was just a redneck security guard who took a wrong turn.

A person with knowledge of Beeler’s actions, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the case is pending, said Beeler has no extremist ties, cooperated fully with law enforcement and was cleared from further investigation, except for the charge of violating District law by carrying a pistol without a license.

Why on earth would she be there?

How did Katie Hopkins even get in the country? She's a potential carrier of a dangerous British strain of disease, she should have been denied entry or at the very least placed in quarantine for 14 days or however long it takes to ensure she's not a threat to public health, and definitely not allowed near the inauguration or any other large gatherings.

There might also be some coronavirus restrictions involved.

How did Katie Hopkins even get in the country? She's a potential carrier of a dangerous British strain of disease, she should have been denied entry or at the very least placed in quarantine for 14 days or however long it takes to ensure she's not a threat to public health, and definitely not allowed near the inauguration or any other large gatherings.

She should definitely be quarantined on her return to the UK. Five years should do it...

They are a distinct public political grouping. On the 6th their leading figures posed for multiple group photos giving the ridiculous one finger America First salute. They then assembled by some statue outside the Capitol where Nick Fuentes gave a speech. There has been some militant cosplay (although less recently I think?) and brave words, but essentially they produce propaganda based on a core ideology. They are exactly like a small post-grad middle class Trotskyist party.

(Have to say I find their traditionalist catholicism interesting, but then I think both 'left' and 'right' forms of reactionary social catholicism are understudied).
Am I right in thinking that AF would come down on the ethnic nationalist side of the ethnic/civic nationalist split, while Proud Boys and Oathkeepers would broadly be the latter?

Agree with you about traditionalist catholicism being understudied, would be interested if you have any recommendations on that topic?

apparently she lives there 6 months in the year, its a tax dodge. maybe

Sorry for the delay responding - bit of a day yesterday.

Am I right in thinking that AF would come down on the ethnic nationalist side of the ethnic/civic nationalist split, while Proud Boys and Oathkeepers would broadly be the latter?

Can't say I've thought about it in those terms, and I don't claim any particular expertise. America First are explicitly ethnonationalist and its part of their 'offering' of a set of clear 'values' and 'principles'. Proud Boys and Oath Keepers leaderships do insist they are not racist. In the case of the Proud Boys it's difficult to square this with their core masculinism (there's a interesting piece here which discusses this) which involves creating a culture that amongst other things resists "white genocide" through breeding. At a theoretical level the notion of a pure ethnostate is different to the notion of a white supremacy which 'restores' (lol) a clear racial/ethnic hierarchy. But in day to day reality I'm not convinced this is anything more than an abstract debate. It's also pretty obvious that 'we're not racist' merely means we expect our members to be careful what they say.

Agree with you about traditionalist catholicism being understudied, would be interested if you have any recommendations on that topic?
Welcome recommendations myself actually.

On a different note I was stressing that America First are a more political grouping. A clear illustration of what I mean is the speech Nick Fuentes gave in his mini-Groyper rally outside the Capitol on the 6th. It's on Bitchute here. It's all about denouncing RINO's and GOP traitors. There's some interesting organised slogan chanting. ("Destroy the GOP"). America First are archetypal exponents of a form of what, in left wing discourse, would be described as 'ultra leftism'. They initially defined themselves by attacking Turning Point USA for being soft and unprincipled. Now it's the GOP 'establishment' traitors.
I don't know about you, but I will take an enemy any day of the week over a traitor.
They're positioning themselves within the debate over the direction of the Republican Party ('end the political careers of the traitors' 're-elect Donal Trump in 2024' etc.) and seeking to become political influencers on it's right. It remains to be seen exactly how this could work with the baggage they already carry from 'edgy' ultra-militant discourse about "killing globalists", the holocaust etc etc.

Anyhow, apologies this ought really to be on the alt-right thread rather than here.

Back
Top Bottom